460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading on here about all the work these heads need for them to perform. My question is do i have to do anything to them? i'm not going to race it. I was hoping to just bolt them on and go. I'm wanting to build and get the most out of this 521 street/strip motor i'm building. It wont be a daily driver but i will drive it on the street and may occasionally show up at the mud runs and run it a time or two. One more question; I have a C8 block ready to build and a D9 block. which block should i go with? should i go with the D9 because of the longer cylinder walls for the stroker or will the 68 block be fine. I have the ford racing 514/521 stroker kit. I believe if memory serves me correct the pistons are a 18cc dish which with these heads should yeild about 10.5:1 CR. I have not bought a cam yet as up to this point i wasnt really sure how i was going to build this motor. thanks.

·
8,522 Posts
I keep reading on here about all the work these heads need for them to perform. My question is do i have to do anything to them? i'm not going to race it. I was hoping to just bolt them on and go. I'm wanting to build and get the most out of this 521 street/strip motor i'm building. It wont be a daily driver but i will drive it on the street and may occasionally show up at the mud runs and run it a time or two. One more question; I have a C8 block ready to build and a D9 block. which block should i go with? should i go with the D9 because of the longer cylinder walls for the stroker or will the 68 block be fine. I have the ford racing 514/521 stroker kit. I believe if memory serves me correct the pistons are a 18cc dish which with these heads should yeild about 10.5:1 CR. I have not bought a cam yet as up to this point i wasnt really sure how i was going to build this motor. thanks.
Being that you have the FRPP kit with the 6.605" rods I'd use the D9 block.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The extra work on them does help, but they perform pretty good in stock form, especially for Street strip.IMO, if you had the time and $ the port polish is good to do while it's unassembled.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
At an absolute minimum back cut the intake valves.
27 degrees .080" wide. This will significantly increase low and mid lift air flow !!!

You state you want the most you can get out of it. The above will help significantly.

S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts