460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By far one of the coolest cars that will be built in my life time. Factory built NHRA stock eliminator drag package only fifty cars to be built. Good things are in the future for the sportsman racer. Welcome Brian Wolf :D good buy Dan Davis :lol: Lem Did you Order one :?: Cars sold out in 43 hours.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Colin,

They had one at the Ford trailer this weekend at the Good Guys car show in Nashville Tn. Cool deal

Blake

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tubais said:
http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/specialtycars.fr500c.php
That is a roadrace deal.

Ford Racing Part Number: M-FR500-CJ

Program Intent:
Provide a Mustang that is a true A Stock competitor
50 units initial build
Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
Estimated pricing, $64,990 WD, $69,990 MSRP
Model Year 2008 designation
Build in December 2008, vehicles delivered February 2009
Vehicle Content:
400 hp (est.) 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine
6-speed manual transmission standard; optional automatic TBD
NHRA legal to 10.00 sec ETs
NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
Lightweight - 3,300 lbs (est.)
Unique trim and appearance package
Drag race wheel/tire combination
Cobra Jet graphics package
Orders/Feedback:
Vehicle orders should be placed with the Ford Racing warehouse at Priority delivery will be given to orders of multiple vehicles
This order is a placeholder; dealers will not be billed until delivery of the vehicle to the dealer
An "off-road only" competition release will be required prior to delivery of a Cobra Jet to the dealer
Only 50 units are under consideration for 2008, so dealers are encouraged to submit their orders before June 30. Delivery will be prioritized based on order entry date.
The Cobra Jet Mustang (M-FR500-CJ) joins Ford Racing's two successful road racing Mustangs, the M-FR500-C and M-FR500-S, as turn-key race cars available only from Ford Dealers. We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to help rewrite history by ordering and campaigning this new race car.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I was at the Goodguys show on Saturday and I didn't see any drag pack car. Of course I was on my way to the autocross track and wasn't looking for one either. Hmmmm, makes me wonder.

·
Registered
941 Posts
SS 385 said:
400 hp (est.) 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine
6-speed manual transmission standard; optional automatic TBD
NHRA legal to 10.00 sec ETs
NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
Question: Did they underate this engine on purpose due to it's intended usage in Stock? Or did they use a different 5.4L DOHC than in my GT500? Could it have the 5.4L Lightning engine?

Ford officially rates the GT500 @ 500 hp, but most are a little more. From what I have read the vast majority of them will put 440 or so to the rear wheels on a chassis dyno, which indicates around 515 @ the crank. Mine's not been dynoed yet simply due to the lack of one in immediate area.

Just curious

1 - 11 of 11 Posts