460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel! One of the toughest decisions I had to make was what to do about my sunroof. My brothers insisted I keep it as another means of escape. So my choices were to make something out of sheet metal and weld it up, keep the sunroof and use lexan, but that would have a flat look to it, or come up with something else. Well, what I ended up doing was taking the original glass out of the frame and using it as a mold, I laid up some fiberglass and trimmed it the same as the glass was. I’m real happy with the results. I mounted it back in the original frame and bought some new weather stripping and finished that today. We’ll paint it black like the rest of the car is going to be. So now if the need ever arises I have another means of egress from the car, knock on wood :lol: :lol: :lol: .

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Doug,

Hurry up and get that protective film off those Lexan windows. I think we talked about this one time before,,,,,,,but then again I've slept a few times since then.

Later,

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finished this little project this morning. More than likely I will be making most of my trips to the track by myself, and I needed a way to pull the car back up on the trailer without damaging my air dam. So I came up with this idea and it also gives me a jacking point it the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TopSportsman916 said:
Doug, your car is slick as a two peckered puppy!!! :lol:
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Chris, and thanks guys. We could have started doing the paint 3 weeks ago but I decided on a few small changes and also came up with the idea for the tow hookup. I would get really pissed :evil: if I forgot something and then we painted it or say damn I wish I had thought of that before we painted it. I have 14 days of Christmas vacation coming up and I'm going to live out in my shop if I have to :lol: :lol: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts