460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to say we had agood day at Rick Kelso's new shop. We got my block cleaned,prepped, & back together. I will put the pump & pan back on tomorrow(if the wife lets me.. :lol: I was gone from 7am-8:30PM ) then heads,intake, distributer, crank trigger, & this baby will be ready to go back in the chassis. I am ready to make some smoke!! :D

I do need to give a big thanks to Rick(FordTek1) he was & has been a big help today & this past year. Very smart mechanic who is a good teacher to a old simple Carolina boy with alot of dumb questions. So keep your fingers crossed & hopefully I will be disturbing the neighbors pretty soon. :lol:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
COOL !!!

Good to hear !!! I just looked out the window at mine today. It's cold, and I'm a wuss. :lol: :lol: But, I've been buying lots of cool stuff. :twisted: :twisted:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car sits ready, still to cold even here in Oklahoma. Got me an nhra qualifying fix tonight so at least its a little better. As the weather goes maybe all this wacky winter stuff will bring us some damn storms here this spring so I can go chase me a flippin' twister, been pretty slim pickin's the last 2 years.......

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds like you're making some good progress, so far all I've got accomplished is to get mine up on jack stands :( Spring will be here before I know it, so will the end of April, I guess it's time to start busting my hump :!:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chris
Thats great I wish I was that close to "disturbing the neighbors". 8) I did get the Engine and tranny mounted. Should be ready to blow it apart for paint next weekend. Nothing like doing body work all day than coming home and doing more. :roll:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Chris,

What was wrong with the engine? Is this the new hemi you're putting together or did something break on the current combo.

Also, at least somebody is making progress........ it'd take a miracle and a winning lottery ticket to get my heap finished before the 460 Nats...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John, this isn't the hemi unfortunately. I hurt a couple of bearings last year.

Rick, Meredyth wasn't to upset. She did give me a funny look when I told her I was going out to the shop today. Anyway I got tthe oil pump & pan back on. I only had a little time in the shop before we had to go out to dinner with Meredyth's family for her grandfather's 93 birthday. Also talked to David Sykes today. He is talking to his girlfriend about them coming out to to the BBF Nationals in April. It would be cool to have him out there with us. Again, thanks for all the help!!! :D

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
mine still on stands, engine out trans apart for checking, engine somewhat apart,front of car rewireing almost done, have to finish others peoples stuff befor i get back to mine,4/22 first race for us,still alot to do

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Getting Closer..

Got the heads on today. I will get the valve train in tomorrow. Taking the wife & son out this afternoon. :D

[/URL[/img]

[/URL][/img][/list]

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Looking GOOD !!!!

Looking GOOD guys !!!!!! OT, Chris, do you or Rick have a Fox rearend laying around? 7.5 is fine ,any ratio, and doesn't even need to be Traction Lock. I exploded the factory rear in my 82 5.0 daily driver on the way home from work the other day :oops: and I'm just looking for something to use till I get a 9 inch. Normally Circle Auto Recycling has 2 or 3 Foxes with 30 dollar rearends, but for some reason they have dried up this week. :roll: :? My wife laughed at me when I had to walk 2 miles to a pay phone. :lol: :lol: I need to step up and get a cell if I'm gonna drive like a [email protected]$$ all the time.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jr=eff, I don't but Rick just may. He seems to have a good collection of stuff. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna make alky fumes tommorrow for sure... :D bad for the neighbors, good for me. Whats bad is the one right next door is having an open house tommorrow, I have a feeling he wont get any offers.... :wink:

Looks good Chris, always a good thing to have the wheels back together.

·
Registered
441 Posts
richter69 said:
I'm gonna make alky fumes tommorrow for sure... :D bad for the neighbors, good for me. Whats bad is the one right next door is having an open house tommorrow, I have a feeling he wont get any offers.... :wink:

Looks good Chris, always a good thing to have the wheels back together.
Might as well let the prospective buyers know what they are getting into before they buy, then do nothing but :cry: all the time.

Chris, the convoy is leaving the house at 6:30am Thurs., you still have time to jump aboard :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts