460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local track operator featured our car in the full page in the Ottawa Sun Newpaper on July 27 2009. What a shame there is no sponsor on the side of the car. The Ottawa Sun has a daily readership of over 140,000.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Damn fine lookin ride there Brock. Maybe could lead to some sponsors????:)

Good job, good luck at the race!!

Bill

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We spent the time to put together a really nice promotion package and went to several local businesses with our proposal which is about as reasonable as we can get. We were surprised than we didn't have a single serious bite.

I know the times are not the best for sponsors and advertisers but NOW is the time for these business people to do MORE to promote their business not LESS. We were clear in our material that we would work to come up with a promotion package to suit the businesses needs.

We just can't continue to fund this out of our pockets so in a last ditch attempt we are going to hire a professional promoter and see if he can do a better job at securing some sponsorship money for us. If he can't do it the Bantam will probably go up for sale before next season.

I certainly don't plan to quit racing, I'll just move into something cheaper to run and move down to semi-pro.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I ran across this quote:
"A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time"

- Henry Ford

Some food for thought....
Bill

·
Registered
385 Posts
great pic Brock I will see you there on the weekend

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran across this quote:
"A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time"

- Henry Ford

Some food for thought....
Bill
So true! It seems Canadian businessmen just hate to take any risk at all, I think it really limits their success.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any of you ontario guys make it up north to Elliot Lake for the races.. THey were a couple of weeks ago...
We would have liked to race at both North Bay and Elliott Lake but our budget will JUST get us though the season if we stick close to home. Even at that we will be just under 10k. by the time things are done for the year, and that doesn't include the rockers we just replaced. or tires etc. The engine will need to be freshened at the end of the year as well. :rolleyes: If we manage to pick up decent sponsors, we'll do our best to get to those races next year.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
So true! It seems Canadian businessmen just hate to take any risk at all, I think it really limits their success.
That is for sure!! Now if you though in a free canoe and a toque (ski hat for the yankees!!), they might think about it!!:D

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts