460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a good combination of skill and luck; not quite enough to get us into the finals but we were real close. We had a bye the first round and went 4.912 with a .513 light. Second round went 4.913 with a .551 light. Third round we hit that dip in the right lane and the car launched the front wheels in the air long enough for the car to move way to close to the guard rail so Norm had to lift. Lucky for us our opponent red lighted with a .499. Fourth round we went 4.889 on our 4.91 dial but again our opponent went red. In the semi-final I bumped the dial down to 4.88 and we ran a 4.911, that would have been a win if I'd left the dial alone. I suppose there's no point in second guessing my decision.

The track is so rough it's just tough to get down it consistently. Still it was a good day, we're getting there.

Link to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEbxm4RN4gY

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Congrats good deal a win is a win i made it to 4th round last friday and lost on the brakes (10.73) still runnin under my dial of 10.78 it was a 7 round nite we had 82 cars in pro and two wins were by one red lite and one .250 lite but i was glad to get 40 bucks it payed for the entry and some cold brews :D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The track is so rough it's just tough to get down it consistently.
Even so, three 4.91's & a 4.889 (call it a 4.89) is still a very consistent outing rough track or smooth. Nice job.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Dang Brock, that thing's flyin'... Congrats on the great performance...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks folks.

Dave it's funny but the car usually is all over the map by several hundreths in the morning but by the end of TT's it's settled down and is pretty consistent. The last TT run was also a 4.91 so we actually ran four 4.91's and the freak 4.889. Maybe it ate a bug on that pass and picked up some HP.:D

It sure does seem like the cream is starting to rise to the top judging by the great results the 460Ford.com folks are having lately. It IS good to see.

Our local track is really old and rough, but because it is a lot closer we are going almost every weekend. Both Norm and myself are getting the time we need to really learn how to race.

So far this year we have been out more often than we would have been out in an entire year. Seat time makes a big difference. There is still a ways to go but we are making serious progress.

Winning an event is not an easy task and the guys that do it have their s**t together. I can't imagine how difficult it must be at the national event level. You would need very deep pockets and a lot of drive or stubbornness to keep going.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Great runs Brock. That car sure gets down the track.

Are those runs with the new gears now??

Its kinda hard to get a good burn-out with the spindle mounts/no brakes!!

Bill

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill,

The 4.11's are in so the wheel speed is a bit slower. We we do our burnouts at 6500 and didn't change that with the gear. The lack of tire smoke doesn't hurt our launch though so we probably won't change anything. I think a lot of people do excessive burnouts and may actually hurt their performance. All you need to do is haze the tires to clean them up and remove the top layer of hard rubber.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Bill,

The 4.11's are in so the wheel speed is a bit slower. We we do our burnouts at 6500 and didn't change that with the gear. The lack of tire smoke doesn't hurt our launch though so we probably won't change anything. I think a lot of people do excessive burnouts and may actually hurt their performance. All you need to do is haze the tires to clean them up and remove the top layer of hard rubber.
I agree, most do more burn-out than needed. That car does hook pretty hard.

Are you happy with the 4.11:1 gears? Did they do what you were after?

Looks great keep up the great work!!

Bill

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts