460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
We use them on every motor and I keep them in stock. IF your pan(s) have the normal 1/2 NF thread use the GM #2301-1420 plug available from dealers while you're buying the EOS. A bit spendy, but a nice clean deal.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
What about a big magnet on the outside of the pan? Just something stuck to the outside? Ive been thinking about doing this but dont know if it would work well or not.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Heard some people use a big magnet from a speaker stuck to the pan. Pull it off when you drain the oil, stick it back on after. Theory is the "stuff" will drop off when the magnet is removed and flow out with the old oil. I also saw advertised in a magazine a collar that fits around the oil filter. Same theory, never tried it. I change oil often and let the filter do its job (WIX).

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I have used them in the oil drain holes in the rocker covers to see if I have any abnormal wear or broken parts. I to date have never found anything on them but I use them just as security incase anything ever does it will catch on the magnet instead on going to the pan.

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts