460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aquired a program to make video avatars. Do you want to show off your toy to the rest of the guys on the forums? I can help you with that. Can have them done in no time if you send me a video clip of your car or whatever it is you race. Send clips to [email protected]

Tips are always welcome

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 80x80 is for uploaded pics for avatars I can knock them down to around 180x180 to keep the clarity.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
BBFmavrick said:
I likeem the way they are!
It is great if you have broadband internet. If you don't then they suck azz cuz it takes so long for the page to load if there are alot of posts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay well I can understand the points of everyone just offering something to fellow racers. Didn't mean to stir the fire.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
ccary11 said:
Okay well I can understand the points of everyone just offering something to fellow racers. Didn't mean to stir the fire.
Don't get me wrong I didn't mean anything bad about it. I have 6 mb download speeds so I think it is cool what you are doing. I was just pointing out that it can be a problem for those kountry bumpkins and cheap sob's with dial up and such.

When I said I like it I guess I should have worded it better because I like yours as well as the smaller ones.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well one of the local forums we use for mud running started doing these avatars and questioned the people using dial up if it was affecting their page loading and everyone said no problems. If anyone on dial up does have any problems let me know and I will stop now.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should still run fine on DSL thats what we are running here. Get me some videos and I will get em done.

Craig

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
He helped me, I never could get my spinning ford logo to work on here. I wish I had some video's of my car to have Craig put up. Maybe next year Craig.Thanks for the help, you da man!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I think there cool, but my question would be, how much space will it take up on the forum when a bunch start popping up? I don't know much about running these forums, but I would hate to see it cause problems for Chilly. :?:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They don't take up any room its linked to an off site location. Such as photobucket or whichever photo share location you choose.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Sounds good to me. :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
ccary11 said:
They don't take up any room its linked to an off site location. Such as photobucket or whichever photo share location you choose.
That is an interesting point but it still has to load on your computer no matter where the source is. I use satellite internet when I am at work and it is considerably slower.That is when I see the difference. For most posts though it is not bad, it just when there are alot of replys to one post I have to sit and watch each picture load as you scroll down the page. I don't mind myself but I have seen others complain in the past on other forums.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Ya, if you had a bunch of folks doing it, it could kill a forum let alone your connection to the internet.

If you are at work it would probably throw a flag up to your IT department. I know our IT monitors usage for Videos and streaming radio.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I live on a farm, and I am probably as country as corn flakes, and I have dial up, But, "damn" I didn't know that It made me a cheap SOB :shock:

I had better get DSL quick :lol:

Blake

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
IDT-572 said:
I live on a farm, and I am probably as country as corn flakes, and I have dial up, But, "damn" I didn't know that It made me a cheap SOB :shock:

I had better get DSL quick :lol:
Blake

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts