460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick search of the forums reveal most of the Foxes are running manual brakes, but it doesn't reveal what parts are required.*

I can tell from the pics that the master cylinder and a plate are required but what else?

* I'm sure Danny C will come along and post a searched link to an exact howto and my search flaws will be revealed :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Alot of the Mustang Part Suppliers have complete kits with the master, Plate and Rod Included.

·
Registered
134 Posts
if you look at it, the pedal is shorter, so where does the "extra" leverage come in at? i got a plate, master, and rod for sale.... master is almost new, less than 20 miles on it, switched to power.... i'll take $75 shipped for the whole shooting match....

·
Registered
134 Posts
The reason one pedal is shorter was that one pedal was from an automatic car and the other was from a standard.The extra leverage comes from the big difference in distance from the pivot point to where the pushrod connects which more than makes up for the difference in pedal lengths.Think of it like stopping a door with your foot.If your foot is in the middle of the door and you pull from the edge you might be able to stop it.If you move your foot 10 inches closer to the hinge and pull from 15 inches from the edge you see that the force on your foot is much greater even with a shorter lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts