460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 460 enthusiasts,
I've just picked up a 1975 Mark IV that I am planning on building to use as a tow vehicle for my strip car. I'm going to be doing some mods to the engine to get the torque up without having to pull the block. Right now the planned mods are as follows:
750 Edelbrock that I had in a shed after a quick rebuild
Performer 460 Intake
Recurve the Distributer
Aftermarket timing chain
Comp CL34-235-4 and matching springs
Shave heads .09 on bottom and intake sides to get compression to roughly 8.7:1 (And shims to correct rocker geometry) (I know D0VE would be better, but none are for sale in my area)
Headers if I can find them
Dual exhaust with an H pipe

Does anyone know of headers that will fit this platform? I know that FPA makes some and Hooker 6126 fit with the collector shortened, but new those are way out of budget.
Does anyone see an issue with the parts listed?
Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello 460 enthusiasts,
I've just picked up a 1975 Mark IV that I am planning on building to use as a tow vehicle for my strip car. I'm going to be doing some mods to the engine to get the torque up without having to pull the block. Right now the planned mods are as follows:
750 Edelbrock that I had in a shed after a quick rebuild
Performer 460 Intake
Recurve the Distributer
Aftermarket timing chain
Comp CL34-235-4 and matching springs
Shave heads .09 on bottom and intake sides to get compression to roughly 8.7:1 (And shims to correct rocker geometry) (I know D0VE would be better, but none are for sale in my area)
Headers if I can find them
Dual exhaust with an H pipe

Does anyone know of headers that will fit this platform? I know that FPA makes some and Hooker 6126 fit with the collector shortened, but new those are way out of budget.
Does anyone see an issue with the parts listed?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Edit: I realize I am bad at math and 0.060 off the heads will put me at 9.0:1 so they will only be shaved to that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts