460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s a 69’ Torino I’ve owned for 18years. I’m finishing up a 2 year update/conversion. It’s a 557 with the tall Ford Motorsport valve covers. I put Wilwood disc brakes all the way around and this is the 1” bore mc they recommended. It’s definitely a fat one !! I pulled the valve cover to see what kinda clearance I had to trim the covers as I see some have done, but as you can see not much room for that. I know I’m not the only one that has run into this so I figured I’d see what all the options are before I go any further. Moving it over? Wildwoods brake pedal setup? Smaller MC? Any relocation plates? Thanks in advance View attachment 94193
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
Are power brakes an option? You might look into a booster bracket out of a 70,71 Torino,Cyclone 429 car.Raises it up quite a distance but you still might have to move it over a little.Power steering? If so,how about a hydro boost out of a 2000 or so Mustang GT? Takes up a lot less room and the brakes will be fantastic without the Wilwood master. If no PS,maybe an electric PS pump.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It’s a 69’ Torino I’ve owned for 18years. I’m finishing up a 2 year update/conversion. It’s a 557 with the tall Ford Motorsport valve covers. I put Wilwood disc brakes all the way around and this is the 1” bore mc they recommended. It’s definitely a fat one !! I pulled the valve cover to see what kinda clearance I had to trim the covers as I see some have done, but as you can see not much room for that. I know I’m not the only one that has run into this so I figured I’d see what all the options are before I go any further. Moving it over? Wildwoods brake pedal setup? Smaller MC? Any relocation plates? Thanks in advance View attachment 94193 View attachment 94197
I do not have any pics,but I put a right angle master mount under the dash.Makes life real easy,and keeps the fluid cooler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I actually called Wilwood and talked to another tech guy, one that was very familiar with the situation I’m in , and he recommended a totally different master cylinder. Actually looks like it’ll work so we’ll see. Only problem is that it’s on back order and won’t ship until June 27th. Thanks again
Computer Output device Personal computer Font Line

1 - 10 of 10 Posts