460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I remember my parent's ever Dec. 7 got very emotional. Dad was in the south pacific in the Navy. Mom work in a munitions plant during the war. I know they lost a lot friends and family and till the day they died they could never forgive the Japanese. Sad times :cry:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I was driving Toyota's and I have to say they lasted me a long time and were good cars, but one day I was watching TV and the Japanese foreign minister was on and made a statement that Americans were fools for driving Jap cars because it hurt our automotive industry and those were the words he used, needless to say he was shortly there after replaced. But the next day I went out and bought a new Ranger fully loaded. It was a great truck and all Fords from there on in. But my wife on the other hand drives Audi's and since she pays for her own car what can I say. 99 f-150 (sons) 2004 (f-150 lariat) 63 (Galaxie wagon) 63 (Galaxie lx 500) 88(5.0 mustang) sons. " The sun is shining when my Fords are flying" :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
uf63 said:
I remember my parent's ever Dec. 7 got very emotional. Dad was in the south pacific in the Navy. Mom work in a munitions plant during the war. I know they lost a lot friends and family and till the day they died they could never forgive the Japanese. Sad times :cry:
uf63, what a coincidence :eek: , my Dad was in the Navy, South Pacific and my Mom worked in a Dupont munitions factory. Small world.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Where was Dad? Mine was on Guadalcanal he was a chief petty officer, Mom worked at two plants one in Maryland and one here in Minnesota. It sure was a different time that what we were us too. But they did not regret it one bit, both were very proud of their contrabution to the war effort.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I feel that it is very important that we never forget these dates of big events in our history.

It seems to be getting more and more forgotten nowdays.
Many young people dont even know most of American history anymore, and thats a very sad reality.....compared to other countries where their citizens know a whole lot of their countries history.

The current generation does'nt really have a clue about just how much of a sacrifice that many of our veterans made to preserve our soveriegnty and freedoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts