460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the story starts with a neighbor stopping by saying he noticed I had the ranger for sale so asks what I am going to do if I get it sold, well we start discussing ideas I have like finding another ranger and building that or find a studbaker and shoving a stroker BBF into it you know me I like to be different. anyway he suggests a hearse, I am thinking now thats cool a 9 second hearse would be awesome and different. My wife starts having a fit telling him if I drag one home she is gonna take it out on him blah, blah blah but I did a little looking anyway.
Ok fast forward a couple weeks and I have bought a set of drag slicks off of evilbay to put on the ranger since I didn't get it sold, well those arrived today. Seems this Henry I bought them from shipped them via USPS so had to go and pick them up around back of the post office, well get them home and wife notices the return address... Henry Thomea funeral home
So now she is saying well maybe the hearse isn't so far out after all.
So anyone know where I can find a decent hearse cheap :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
You can go fast with a heavy car but the drivline and HP requirements go up Expodentialy (butched that word !!)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah fast is relative I guess. Currently on pavement i am running a 7200lb 4x4 F250 PSD. Just like to do things a little different, I mean yeah mustangs are cool and all but how many are on this site? let alone else where. was actually looking into a chev of some kind or another to drop my engine into (yeah it's been done too but not as much) and just a fun thought although if I do stumble across one I would consider it you would be suprised how much your could lighten one up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Rob,

Depending on your definition of cheap, I know of a few. One is a '63 or '64 Cadillac/Hess & Eisenhardt, now BBC powered, some rust but doesn't look too bad from the pics, $1900 or best....might be able to get it cheaper without the BBC/TH400 and the original 429 Cad (blown up). It's in WI, the seller seems to have a good rep on another forum I'm in.

It might be easier to do a newer Lincoln hearse from a "bolt-in" P.O.V., but Lincoln hearses seem few & far between. I think the older ones are cooler (in a weird way) anyway.

Could always do a "Ghostbusters" car. :)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
doesnt hurt to ask the person you got the slicks from. never know, try a local parlor, when they buy new--- were does the old one go?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts