460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so for the last 3 weeks i have become increasingly tired, lots of muscle aches, and some other symtoms...thursday at work however I met my breaking point and decide on my way from work to go to the e.r. next thing i know i am hooked up to iv's...tehn after some blood work. find out my sodium level is at 165 (should start kidney failure by now)....I insist I am fine and decide at the protest of my doc to go home!

Within 1 hour i am laying on the floor in my bathroom pissing blood and passing clots (the equivilant of child birth) I fight with my family about goin back...but changed my mindwhen the blood started oozing out....

Next thing i know I am back at the er being admitted while they preform test after test...find out i have had mono for 3 weeks, a severe UTI, ridiculous sodium count(which they cant explain) and a baterial infection, and severe dehydration!

Was told if I waited till monday to see my doc, i probably would have DIED over the weekend!

I am home now , but will never ever ignore symtoms like this again! Please do not be as stupid as me!

I am going to bed n0w!!!

Just a FYI: I am only 35!

Frank

·
Registered
823 Posts
Glad you decided to get it checked out. I'm pretty leery about doctors unless I know I'm really in bad shape, so I can relate. Sometimes, as you found it, it's best to let them have their way.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Good deal you caught it. With the price of health care, I think a lot of us avoid doctors if at all possible. I had a tummy ache a few years ago that kept getting worse throughout the day. Toward evening, my dad's girlfriend suggested I go to the local hospital just to make sure it wasn't serious. Turned out just being a ruptured appendix and they had to give me a bunch of antibiotics for a while because it put a bunch of junk around my guts. It's pretty easy to get close to dying, I guess.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That why married men live longer than single men. The wives force us to go to the Doc.

I know I would never go if she didn't make me. And it's free here, too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I ignored alot of symptoms this summer with chest discomfort and eating rolaids like candy. I work alot of hours and was in a shitty custody battle for 2 small kids that there mother said you can raise em but I want there benefits. Two weeks ago last night my wife took me to the hospital my heratrate was 146 beats per min.. It took 24 hrs to slow down my heart down but I am pretty close to having it under control now with meds. Spent 2 days in the hospital and was there last Thursday in the ER again.. I dont have problems going to see them its the time taken out of the day that bothers me.

Tore

·
Registered
862 Posts
Glad to hear your're ok. I too hate the doctors but as was mentioned before, if it got serious my wife would MAKE me go. I have a high tolerance for pain which doesn't help if something were wrong, but give me a cold and I should wear a pink dress, I just dont get it???

Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts