460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey yeah my wife and i are going.I'm trying to get my 69 cougar togethor so i can race on Saturday. The 429 is still at the machine shop and the clock is ticking :shock: so... maybe with any luck, If not then I will probably try to sell some stuff.
it is one very cool show.
Shane

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mid America Shelby meet

I plan to fly into Tulsa Friday night. I'm meeting up with about 15-20 guys from Tyler and Houston, Texas once I get there. Everything from a not totally finished Cobra kit car to a new Shebly if it comes in on time. New Shebly is doubtful, but ordered by one of the guys. They usually bring about 8-10 cars. Some of us are in the parking lot every night indulging in some adult beverages. Usually at least one big smokee burnout during the weekend.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes, nothing like a frosty adult beverage (or eight) to loosen the inhibitions about burning up a set of expensive tires. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I live in Tulsa and would like to meet up with some of you guys. If I can help organize something, just let me know.

Subscribing.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
30 Posts
Meet up

96Mustang460cid said:
I live in Tulsa and would like to meet up with some of you guys. If I can help organize something, just let me know.

Subscribing.

Have a good day!
Michael
We stay at the Marriot Hotel where the car show is located. The group I meet up with try to park all their cars and trailers together in the parking lot. On any given night after the events are over and after dinner you can find us in a group sitting in the parking lot. Last year I saw a new set of BFGoodrichs go from new to the wear indicators in one night, very poor mileage (dam kids, hahaha). We usually just stay in the parking lot because it's safer that way. Our group ranges in age from teenagers to 70 something if the grandads show up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts