Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold Out

(Guys, we have just a few sets of these left to sell. We are offering the 1.7's at this time, not the 1.8's.)

Miller 7075-T7 Aircraft Aluminum 1.7 Ratio Roller Rockers

• Miller Roller Rocker 1.7 Ratio (yes, the same manufacturer as the $2800 Miller hemi rocker arms),
  • Designed to work with both BBC and BBF
  • Rocker body made of 7075-T7 aircraft aluminum
  • 8620 billet steel trunnion axle which is rifle drilled for additional strength
  • Dual trunnion flats (inverted trunnion at installation is impossible)
  • Beefy oversize pin on roller tip
  • Tiny pushrod cup oiling hole so as to help control top end oiling
  • Chromoly hammer forged polylocks (ie work hardened, not broached)
  • Establishing proper pushrod length is a snap with the top measuring face on the rocker (instructions inlcuded).
  • Originally $384 Retail/$310 Racer Net
  • Complete brand new set with polylocks and instructions just $225 shipped anywhere in the contiguous 48 States (Alaska/Hawaii/Int'l please inquire)
We don't think there's a better rocker arm package for the money, as none of the other rockers offered at this price come with comparable materials, composition or technology behind them. We install these on all of our ported D0VE head conversions with great success and 100% customer satisfaction.

PM or call if interested,

Paul

Sold Out

·
Registered
527 Posts
Paul...

Are these 1.70 or 1.73 ratio? ( i believe stock is 1.73)

Are there any weak points in this rocker compared to a crane gold series or similar?

·
Registered
21 Posts
69fb said:
Paul...

Are there any weak points in this rocker compared to a crane gold series or similar?
Look at the first post,it reads 1.7 8)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Y2K said:
69fb said:
Paul...

Look at the first post,it reads 1.7 8)
I know Paul is always very accurate with what he posts...but because i've heard of other people mention 1.7 rockers when they really meant 1.73, I figured I'd ask.

Since a 1.70 and 1.73 is offered as rocker ratio's...I'd like to see another decimal place so I know exactly what i'm buying.

Since you already received your arms...did you measure the lift at the cam and lift at the valve to see what ratio they are? Or is it listed in your paperwork?

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are 1.7 ratio rockers, not 1.73 ratio. The difference in valve lift between 1.7 & 1.73 is neglible; for example a .600 lift cam with 1.73 rokers would translate to .590 lift with 1.7 rockers. That's just .010" lift difference, and this amount would be less than that with a smaller cam grand.

We have used these rockers in engines using bone stock oem camshafts all the way up to north of .750 lift roller cams with big spring pressures, and in every single case they work flawlessly and excellently. ;)

Paul

p.s.: Measuring [lobe lift and then valve lift] does not in itself factor rocker arm ratio. There are too many other variables that influence the information that is translated to the valve, such as pushrod deflection, under-optimzed valve train geometry, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
69fb said:
Paul...

Crane gold Series are made of 6061-T6, which is an excellent rocker body material. These, however, are made of 7075-T7 and have a higher tensile strength, higher fatigue resistance, higher destruct tonnage, etc, than the Cranes.

No disrespect to the Crane rockers, they are a fine product.

Paul

·
Registered
510 Posts
Paul,
I have the check going out this afternoon for a set of the 1.7 rockers. Thank you for all your time and effort in our previous phone conversation.

Big Hurt

·
Registered
527 Posts
payment sent on the rockers Paul (i tried returning your pm but was unsuccessful for some unknown reason)

THanks,

John

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big Hurt,
Thanks, I'll tell you when pmt is received and also when your item ships.

John,
Pmt received and your rockers shall ship Friday or Monday; watch your email for a tracking number.

Louis G,
Your rockers are enroute.

8)

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Y2K said:
Rockers showed up Friday and look great.
To all interested Paul with http://www.highflowdynamics.com/ is first rate to deal with and been a great help with technical advise for me,my hat's off to HFD.
Thanks Y2K! :D

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ironbark said:
how much shipped to australia?
ironbark,

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has stopped offering "surface shipments (by sea)" to Australia. Therefore, only Air Mail is available. The grand total for 1 set of the big block rockers shipped to Australia costs:
  • US$255 shipped via USPS Priority Mail "Flat Rate Box," or,
  • US$274 shipped via Priority Mail (in our box).
Please note: The "Flat Rate Box" offered by the USPS is constructed of a rather flimsy cardboard (in regards to holding a set of rockers) and leaves little room around the rockers for protective packing popcorn to be placed around the rocker set, while our 9"x9"x16" box allows for lots of protective packing. So, should you cross your fingers with the Flat Rate box or spend the extra US$19 for the added protection? The choice is up to you.

Lemme know, ironbark, only a few sets left...then we keep the rest for ourselves. :mrgreen:

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rddogoli said:
Paul, I run a .800 solid roller with 1.73 rockers, what will the 1.7's do for me?
If your valve train geometry is optimized, then I don't know that you will feel anything in the seat of your pants, power-wise.

If you are using a low grade budget rocker set off ebay (and I very much doubt that you are), then these rocker arms could possibly save your engine from total destruction. ;)

At this price, frankly I think you should just buy a set to have on the shelf.

Paul

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.