460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mini torque starter on my 79 Bronco with a NP435/468 Combo. My old mini starter kicked the bucket thus I am getting a new one since it has lifetime warranty.

The first starter seemed like it wanted to stay engaged at times. And finally it started staying engaged. Now it is dead.

I am confused on the wiring. I am seeing that there shouldn't be a jumper wire from the small stud to the 12v stud on the starter. Some people say it is ok.

Which is true?

I am assuming the jumper wire has been the issue and burned out the contacts inside the starters own solenoid.

I still am using my 79 bronco solenoid on the fender as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Put the + battery cable and the main heavy starter cable on the + side of the solenoid big terminal. Run the small trigger wire from the starter to the other big solenoid terminal. Run the small wires to the solenoid like original. When I mention solenoid,I'm talking about the orig fender well unit.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the + battery cable and the main heavy starter cable on the + side of the solenoid big terminal. Run the small trigger wire from the starter to the other big solenoid terminal. Run the small wires to the solenoid like original. When I mention solenoid,I'm talking about the orig fender well unit.
Ok. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts