460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a great deal on a complete 460. However, one head is a c8 and the other is a c9. From the searching I've done, it appears they're the same overall head. I'm just surprised that there's one of each. I plan on disassembling and having the heads gone through by my machine shop, but curious if there would be any issues or if there is a difference in one head to the other. Is it okay to run one of each, or do I need to continue looking to for a pair of c8's, c9's or d0's?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
I found a great deal on a complete 460. However, one head is a c8 and the other is a c9. From the searching I've done, it appears they're the same overall head. I'm just surprised that there's one of each. I plan on disassembling and having the heads gone through by my machine shop, but curious if there would be any issues or if there is a difference in one head to the other. Is it okay to run one of each, or do I need to continue looking to for a pair of c8's, c9's or d0's?

Thanks in advance.

This is a non issue.

I've seen mismatched castings on unopened engines.

The line utilized what was available and very early production vehicles could have carry over pieces.

Very early production 1970 Thunderbird with a correctly stamped C9 block for example.

SJ
use 2b RHP

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts