1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
they look good,where are they located?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I trust the quality of the product. More important, I trust the quality of the man.
Nice rods too, buddy of mine use's them on his small block ford 8500rpm shifts..........4 years no problems

It's a shame that guy on yellow bullet has to bad mouth molnar rods when he even didn't build the engine.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you.

Also I noted the single slug of Mallory, do you know your bob-weight.

Lastly, I hope you don't mind, but I think you might recognize this...... Molnar Forged Crankshafts

It is, the best picture I've seen of that crank on the internet.
Yep, that's my crank unless they have the bobweight written on the counterweight in the exact same spot along with the same amount of Mallory.
I have the bobweight info ill get later, got hung up at work.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yep, that's my crank unless they have the bobweight written on the counterweight in the exact same spot along with the same amount of Mallory.
I have the bobweight info ill get later, got hung up at work.
That's Mark's website. I think he was making sure it was ok with you that he used your picture of your crankshaft for his site :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a billet 4.5" big block chrysler crank out of a 572 that made a little over 1000 hp na. It suffered a severe overrev that damaged the block and disappeared 2 pistons into dust and shards. I had the crank magnafluxed, no cracks. Molnar has my vote.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Molnar and 2 other staff used to be with Oliver. He uses raw crank and rod forgings from an offshore source. His H beam rods have a thicker beam cross section than an Eagle or Scat. They are very close to being an on center rod like an Oliver. Excellent machining quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was the Mallory already in the crank when it came directly from Molnar, or did somebody add that later? And is this considered to be balanced at this point, or do you have to take it to a machine shop and have that done? Their rods seem pretty lightweight. So I would think it wouldn't take a lot to balance that setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was the Mallory already in the crank when it came directly from Molnar, or did somebody add that later? And is this considered to be balanced at this point, or do you have to take it to a machine shop and have that done? Their rods seem pretty lightweight. So I would think it wouldn't take a lot to balance that setup.
I bought a reciprocating assembly that was balanced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Molnar offers balancing, should you so desire. That particular crank balances internally at approxmately 2,300 grams
Okay thanks. So just to clarify, the crank already has approximately a 2300 grams bob weight, and do they have to add the mallory to get to that? I'm far from a balancing expert, but 2300 seems pretty good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts