1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know much about diesels but i have a 86 ford with a 6.9
and a aftermarket ats turbo system
the heads have been milled with arp bolts

i turned up the pump and it helped i lil bit but i might have to turn it up a bit more
but the turbo seems kinda slow and dosent have alot of boost
when i get on it and brind it up to 2700 rpms it only has about 9 psi of boost
i have heard of trucks with ats turbos makeing up to 15 psi at around 2500 when hammering on it
i have all the gauges and would like to have to watch them
and have the possibilty of running 15 psi
i dont plan on running it that high but it would be nice to only have to bring it up to 2250 rpms and shift while pulling a trailer and have good boost
i have heard you can turn up the turbo by turning a allen head screw on the turbo but i am would like to know more about how and if i can turn up the boost
thanxs
jesse

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Felpro headgaskets can handle about 17 lbs all day long with a 21 1/2 to 1 compression ratio but you will need studs torqued at 110 lbs. The head minimum thickness is 4.795 measured from the valve cover machined rail to the head to block mating surface. Milling the heads is not a good idea if you want to push alot of boost, If you are running the old style non gated ATS you are doing good seeing 9 PSI empty. Besides anything over 13 you just pushing hot air and will gain nothing without an intercooler. If you have the gated ATS shorten the wastegate rod by turning the attachment sleeve up on the threads.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34 Is the 460ford forum of the Diesel world. Drop in and say hello, Tell e'm IDIeselman sent ya.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the old style :(
that sucks i wanna hear the turbo more than i do now
but it still works fine
thanxs
jesse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts