460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Hope someone answers my thread, I have a 1995 F350 FI 7.5 V8 in stock form. I would like to increase the horse power because I can use the extra power, gas milage sucks anyway so the more HP the better. What is the easiest way to get more power out of a stock 1995 Fuel Injected 7.5 liter? Don't want to use a supercharger or NOS. Is there a computer chip out there or any tricks to modify the fuel injection? Any advice would greatl help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don`t know your emission requirements ,but if you can dump the 3 foot long cat and the caddy muffler it will wake it up some or atleast sound like it anyway.

Not sure if yours has the airhorns inside of the intake tubes ,but that will give it a little more pull at the upper rpms to go along with exaust mods........but I did notice a difference in the low rpm torque with the air horns removed as in lost a noticable amount of torque down low and gained a noticable amount of pull higher up from about 2000 to 2500 up.......mine shifted about 4400 to 4500 with a c-6 in stock form ,soo the improvement was minimal on the airhorns with a stock exaust.....a nice exaust might make the airhorn mod worth it?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also have a EFI 460 from the research that iv'e done there's not much that can be easily done to improve their performance. here's some of the stuff iv'e found for the EFI trucks:
-Banks makes headers and exhaust
-Troyer performance makes underdrive pulleys and electric fans. I saw a 2 mpg improvement with their pulleys.
-BBK makes a bigger throttle body. not sure if this would do any thing to improve performance?
-JET and some others make chips. not worth the money in my opinion. I didn't notice any significant gains with my jet chip.
-Reincarnation high performance can port the intake manifold and heads.
If you want to do major modifications like ported heads and bigger cam you will have to do a mass air conversion. It can be done with a ECU and wiring from a 5.0 mustang. Then you will need to do a custom tune with a quarterhorse or tweecer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts