460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to make the scoop 1 inch taller to work with the Kaase intake. We should start dismantling tomorrow and painting next week. As soon as the heads come in from Jon we will be ready to roll on the engine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Engine Bay ?

Beautiful metal work under the hood. Is the brake master cylinder in stock location or moved? Looks like you smoothed the heater box over also. Your engine compartment looks a lot my 67 that is hoping to be a Boss 9 in the future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake booster

The brake booster was moved over an inch. We centered the Boss engine which crowded the brake booster by an inch.

We deleted the heat. I don't plan on driving when it is below 50 and am installing an electric defrost just in case. I'm not much of a believer in air conditioning in muscle cars either. We have plenty of room for the engine with all the modifications to the shock towers and should be able to drop in with the headers attached.

·
Registered
401 Posts
nice ride,excellant work.you paid attention to details looking forward to finished project pics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The brake booster was moved over an inch. We centered the Boss engine which crowded the brake booster by an inch.

We deleted the heat. I don't plan on driving when it is below 50 and am installing an electric defrost just in case. I'm not much of a believer in air conditioning in muscle cars either. We have plenty of room for the engine with all the modifications to the shock towers and should be able to drop in with the headers attached.
Good work, my 67 is a SCJ headed motor now with master cyl in stock location, but was thinking I would have to move for the boss heads. Like you, mine has no heat or A/C, hell muscle should not be comfortable.

Sent you a P.M.

·
Registered
35 Posts
is that a crites fiberglass hood? if so it fit's a lot better than mine. those are some trick hood hinges. good luck with your build

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hood

The hood is the stock metal hood. The scoop was purchased through Mustangs Unlimited and raised up an inch for clearence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts