460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
X2

Instead of HP numbers, lets hear about the track results... Steve
Seems more like a lobbying effort to portray the A-460 as far superior to a 24° Chevy like a Brodix Head Hunter or something. Sort of like a NASCAR Whine festival.

Nobody want's to show proof of it's existance let alone the car or where it races.

·
Registered
385 Posts
They were also say'n that a Profiler deal with a cast single intake could go north of 1400hp, but i have noticed that all of these claims are from the chevy crowd, it's hard to believe their WAY better at building BBF's then BBF guys. :)
the air gets a little thin way up here in canada if you have a chevy

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not hard at all....Ive built two A460 headed engines that made over 1300 hp....I also own a unicorn and a fire breathing dragon :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I almost forgot. Just a warning to the chevy racers in Ontario there is a real deal A headed monster about to make an appearance this summer. beware the white mustang with the red maple leaf !!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
All the horsepower numbers are nice but, I like to see the torqu numbers to see what the engine will do out of the HOLE. By the way I like to set back and listen to guys talk about how much HP their engines make knowing that most of them can stretch the truth a little. Around Spartanburg, SC we love to see 632 Chevy's have to put NOS on their cars to keep up with our Fords with no spray.Example: Ray Rheems had the only Ford in a quick 8 shootout at Greer Dragway ( NO NOS) and won. The other seven were Chevy's with all the NOS they could take. Will let you know what our 618 A-headed engine can do after this Sat. test.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Paul, where can I get more info or get in touch with the guy with the blue '68 Mustang. That car belonged to a good friend of mine, he sold it to a guy in Australia a few years ago. It had a nitrous 598 with old Motorsport A heads and a Lenco when he sold it, what trans is in it now ?

Thanks,
Paul

Here it is just before he sold it, it had went a best of a 6.99 @ 198 and I'll check, but I think that was at around 2650 lbs.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Seems more like a lobbying effort to portray the A-460 as far superior to a 24° Chevy like a Brodix Head Hunter or something. Sort of like a NASCAR Whine festival.

Nobody want's to show proof of it's existance let alone the car or where it races.
Yep! Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
BES 555ci BBF N/A Motor

BBF 555ci [/b]
- IDT Premier block
-Bryant light weight billet crank
-GRP 2000 pro series aluminum rods
-King main and rod bearings
-Ross digitize pistons and CNC domes
-Moroso custom aluminum oil pan
-Trickflow A-460 heads with custom titanium valves,alloy seats,psi valve springs,mainly titanium retainers,hardened locks
-Trickflow A-460 4500 intake
- Jesel custom rocker arms
- Jesel front drive kit with distributer
- roller cam bearings
- Comp cams custom grind solid roller cam-shaft
- Isky BBF .904 roller lifters
- Total seal custom piston rings
- BHJ lifter bore bushing's
- ATI balancer
- Danny bee thrust plate with double torrington bearing's
- Mainly 7/16 push rods
- 4 stage moroso dry sump system
- Moroso dry sump tank
- Moroso 4 vane vacume pump
- Meziere BBF water pump
- MSD flying magnet crank trigger
- BES sheet metal valve covers
- Dale cubic CFM 4500 carb with cnc spacer

This brand new setup only has 35 passes and just won the candian nationals runs consistantly 8.20's has been 8.22 @169.87 mph has been 174.66 mph on a 29.5 tire @3270 pounds.

also will sell converter with motor
-8'' Neil chance all aluminum billet converter bolt together with 3 billet stators.

serious inquires only email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
BBF 555ci [/b]
- IDT Premier block
-Bryant light weight billet crank
-GRP 2000 pro series aluminum rods
-King main and rod bearings
-Ross digitize pistons and CNC domes
-Moroso custom aluminum oil pan
-Trickflow A-460 heads with custom titanium valves,alloy seats,psi valve springs,mainly titanium retainers,hardened locks
-Trickflow A-460 4500 intake
- Jesel custom rocker arms
- Jesel front drive kit with distributer
- roller cam bearings
- Comp cams custom grind solid roller cam-shaft
- Isky BBF .904 roller lifters
- Total seal custom piston rings
- BHJ lifter bore bushing's
- ATI balancer
- Danny bee thrust plate with double torrington bearing's
- Mainly 7/16 push rods
- 4 stage moroso dry sump system
- Moroso dry sump tank
- Moroso 4 vane vacume pump
- Meziere BBF water pump
- MSD flying magnet crank trigger
- BES sheet metal valve covers
- Dale cubic CFM 4500 carb with cnc spacer

This brand new setup only has 35 passes and just won the candian nationals runs consistantly 8.20's has been 8.22 @169.87 mph has been 174.66 mph on a 29.5 tire @3270 pounds.

also will sell converter with motor
-8'' Neil chance all aluminum billet converter bolt together with 3 billet stators.

serious inquires only email me at [email protected]
Your first post on this site, and you're on here trying to sell it? What about putting it in the auction section?

·
Registered
6 Posts
we stopped making dyno pulls at 1261hp at 900 foot pounds of torque, fastest et at 3270 pounds 8.22 and holds the mph record at 175 dyno sheets will be giving to the new owner of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
we stopped making dyno pulls at 1261hp at 900 foot pounds of torque, fastest et at 3270 pounds 8.22 and holds the mph record at 175 dyno sheets will be giving to the new owner of the engine.

This was a very nice build, Glad to hear its still strong today

21 - 39 of 39 Posts