460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I'm finding it really difficult locating new motor mounts for my 460.
It came out of a '73 Lincoln but reading the part no's on the mounts they came from a '74 Thunderbird.
I've tried Summit,Trans Dapt,Jegs to name a few.
Can you give me some other names to try ?
Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
What is it in??

What is this motor in?? If it's a stock application, you can probably get the mounts at Advance/Auto Zone/ Pep Boys/ NAPA, or anywhere that sells stock type stuff. If it's some kind of swap stuff, that's a different story.

·
Registered
561 Posts
B.F. Evans Ford

B.F.Evans Ford ( 1-270-684-6268) or( 1-270-278-2376 ) you can also post for Lem on the forum and he will respond to your needs. Gregg

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Sorry

Sorry, I didn't notice that you are across the pond. I don't know if www.advanceautoparts.com will send you a PDQ truck. :lol:

Awesome project you have there, and keep the pics coming. It looks totally insane, which is just about right around here. :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
From what I can tell from the last photo of your headers .. it looks like the motor mounts are stock type.. So you should be able to go to the auto parts store of your chosen and get replacements. Go with the '74 Thunderbird part number and you should be good.

ShaZam

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
So basically, you're putting a BBF in a plastic Radio Flyer with 3.07 gears?? That thing should go fast enough to blow its own paint off. :shock:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Trans-dapt

You might try trans-dapt

http://www.tdperformance.com/TransDapt.html

Click on the transmission adaptors, plates and accessories
then on the replacement motor mounts

the 9353 look very similar to the ones on my car. The ones that I am using have a left and a right whereas the ones in the picture look identical to me. I got mine from a local parts house which I realize you can't do. You may want to give Lem a chance to get back from the races and see if he can still get them from Ford.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've tried Trans Dapt and many others,they can't help.
I've also sent your pal Lem a pm but he hasn't responded.
Don't know where to look next.Got my fingers crossed something comes up on ebay.

·
8,522 Posts
Daz_uk said:
I've tried Trans Dapt and many others,they can't help.
I've also sent your pal Lem a pm but he hasn't responded.
Don't know where to look next.Got my fingers crossed something comes up on ebay.
Sorry, we have not been able to source them.

·
8,522 Posts
Daz_uk said:
Hi guys
I'm finding it really difficult locating new motor mounts for my 460.
It came out of a '73 Lincoln but reading the part no's on the mounts they came from a '74 Thunderbird.
I've tried Summit,Trans Dapt,Jegs to name a few.
Can you give me some other names to try ?
Cheers
Daz
I do not know who they are but their are companies that buy dealers obselete parts and resell them . Maybe do a net search for obselete auto parts . two other hints.....1. The part number should look more like D4SZ . What you have looks more like the engineering numbers than part numbers . 2. The part number very well could have been superceded.....so if you get to talk one of these outfits make sure they check to see if you number crosses to a newer number .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts