460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does $225 seem a little high for motor mounts to put a 460 in my 68 torino? is there any cheaper alternative? that price is from crites and is a solid mount no isolater. is that a good idea in a street driven car?

thanks, tim

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It depends on your definition of a street car. If it is a race car with license plates - then it should be OK. I have urathane bushings / engine mounts on my truck and it certainly transfers a good deal of vibration and resonance into the truck. However on my wagon, I went with conventional rubber mounts to make it more pleasant while cruising.

As to the price - how much do you make an hour and how long do you think it would take to make a complete mounting system for your car? I have never seen or used the Crites stuff but they seem to have LOTS of satisfied customers so it might not be that bad of deal in the long run.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check out (Put a 429-460 in your 302/351 1970-71 Torino) first sticky on tech. articals on torinocobra.com . I used that info to do mounts for my 68 fastback torino. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts