460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all looks well :) the bottum of the skirts look to have a little wear from the metal that went through - but it will be fine for the rest of the season.

cam is not bad - will ship it and lifters out friday mourning, all the mains and rod bearing look awsome - so the filter did its job....

Man im so HAPPY :) :)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Glad to hear it was not Terribale for you, it was bad enough, but you ought to be racing before to long

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Glad to hear Badnotch:D, its always nice when its not as bad as you thought it would be!!

Hope your back in action soon!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Gerry,

Good to hear it looks pretty good inside,are you sending the cam and lifters to Comp Cams?If you are let me know what they charge to bebuild the Roller Lifters.

Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Well all looks well :) the bottum of the skirts look to have a little wear from the metal that went through - but it will be fine for the rest of the season.

cam is not bad - will ship it and lifters out friday mourning, all the mains and rod bearing look awsome - so the filter did its job....

Man im so HAPPY :) :)
Good deal Gerry:D:D

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
weld and recut a cam :confused:................. i must be educated on this one .... that sounds scarey Gerry

Do you have any pics of your tear down ??
You "rebuild" the worn down lobe with more metal, ie-filler rod, and then you have to recut the lobe back to its original size. This then leads to the cam needing a heat treat from the heat of welding. Same thing happens when you offset stroke a crank with a different bearing diameter, or repair a crank journal that is scored and can't be turned down any farther, but is otherwise usable.

Brian

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Gerry,

Thanks i hope to send mine out early in the spring to have them rebuilt.I put them in my motor in 2007 i figure it wouldn't hurt to have them rebuilt.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Gerry,

I probably have 500 miles or more on mine only about 6 1/4 mile passes.But my spring pressure is not as much as yours,mine are only 225 lbs. closed and 555 lbs. open.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
944 Posts
mark its got to alot about spring pressure - with the 2.35 intake valve i got and 330 spring pressure it takes a toll on rollers :( plus i put 200 miles on it last year and that aint good for it either
330 spring presure, I assume thats on the seat(closed). how big is your cam? Or if thats the open presure, how small is it?

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts