460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my 5 year old daughter to see CARS friday night .i think it was an excellent movie and it was pretty real as far as the sounds and sights .had a good story line and i think it shows car guys and gals iin a good light .some heros from history and some modern day trends put in their place .i give it 5***** and recomend it for all ages .

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just got back from seeing it. Yes, great movie! I liked the "real" race car driver voices.
5 *****
Still can't figure out who "Chick Hicks" was portraying, or if he was made up.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I took my two younger girls on Friday and we had a good time. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I laughed my axle off.With Paul Newmen playing the Hudson I laughed myself out of the chair.A coworker in his mid fortys did'nt understand the Hudson deal and he's a gear head.Alot of things in the movie were adult humor.Well you just had to be older anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great movie for a car nut.

I guess that Chick Hicks was maybe early Earnhart Sr. or an Allison or maybe just a composite character of the '80's era. The car was drawn with a mustache, but that could have been any number of guys in the late '70 early '80's era.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chick hicks

yea i think it was an extreme E sr,maybe .but it thought the sounds were pretty good and the history .i will buy it when it comes out because i think you need to see it more than once to get all the details .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anybody notice the "tailfin landscape" in the background in a lot of the shots? The made the desert background look like those cars half-buried nose-first in the desert whereever they are out west.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts