460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Best deals and cleanest equipment I've seen over the last few moves I've done hasbeen thru penskie

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I assume you are just wanting a truck.. not a moving company? Or is that an option as well?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
How much are you moving and how far? Last time I moved a house hold I used a moving company where they dropped off a trailer, we loaded it, then they picked it up and took it to the new place. It was the same price as the Uhaul type quotes and I just had to drive my truck and pull my car. They were ABF at upack.com. They tried to slip in a little extra cost on the bill so keep your original quote if you go that way. I never had any problems once I busted out the quote.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ryder does not rent one way any more, Budget & U Haul do. Dont know about Penske. U Haul will have the cheapest adv rates, but they also have the worst equipment with very poor service if it breaks down. They ALL brag about proper PMs and top notch equip. but in reality they are too damn cheap to even do what their own propaganda says. Compare the daily rates AND combine the milage rates with it to get the total cost. Some will have like $19.95 a day but tear you a new one on milage, others may have 39.95 to 69.95 a day but have low milage chgs. As far as service network, Ryder has the largest, but that does not mean the best.
Take a tip, take the damage and glass insurance even if you are only going a short distance, saw a man rent a 26 footer with out it for a 20 mile run, had to dodge a fool in a four wheeler and he rolled the truck in the median. Cost him about $50,000!

Go over the truck with the agent, mark every scratch, dent, missing parts, inoperative parts, rock chips in glass, cuts in sidewall of tires etc, make sure it is noted on the damage waiver, hold on to your copy of it and compare when turned in to avoid any extra charges. Make sure it is full of fuel when you pick it up,(look in the tank, if possible) as you will have to have it filled when you turn it in, it is added charges if they have to fuel it.

I have worked for one of these co. 28 yrs, not in rental but in the shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts