460 Ford Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1397 Posts

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Physical is actually every other year... ;) Trust me I have my Pro License in NHRA, ADRL, IHRA, and FIA... LOL!

Chris... as for Belts, and safety stuff... I got you covered. Also, I might have a seat company that you would really like, but it is a little more pricey... but the stuff is wicked! We just need to get you a flaming river rack for that UPR K-Member. That is easy.

As for driving it.... that isn't nothing but a thang... I would fall asleep before the stripe... ;)

·
Premium Member
808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Physical is actually every other year... ;) Trust me I have my Pro License in NHRA, ADRL, IHRA, and FIA... LOL!

Chris... as for Belts, and safety stuff... I got you covered. Also, I might have a seat company that you would really like, but it is a little more pricey... but the stuff is wicked! We just need to get you a flaming river rack for that UPR K-Member. That is easy.

As for driving it.... that isn't nothing but a thang... I would fall asleep before the stripe... ;)
I'm not really worried... I've been 350 mph 6 inches off the ground. That's almost the same thing. And I know what you mean. I take a nap in between 2nd and 3rd in the Vette all the time!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not really worried... I've been 350 mph 6 inches off the ground. That's almost the same thing. And I know what you mean. I take a nap in between 2nd and 3rd in the Vette all the time!
Agreed. If you've done any sport flying, you're unlikely to get intimidated by even the fastest drag car. A buddy and I went almost 5g's going full throttle to 200 kts (230 mph) then straight up in his F1 Rocket. I think only Top Fuel cars pull that many g's.

This is not to say I wouldn't need a change of underwear if I ever had the chance to drive a car like Cale's.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Threw my DJ Safety Big Chutes at Rockingham one time and pulled Negative 4.25 G's.... went from 220+ mph to zero in about 500 feet. That was exciting... ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey Cale..

Lay a price on me for the Flaming River manual rack and pinion please. Can I use the steering linkage that is on the end of the steering column now that came off the old rack and pinion? I've seen the Flaming River rack and pinion combo packages where you get the rack and pinion & linkage but what they want for that little piece of linkage is crazy. Let me know..

Yep. I've done some crazy things in a few airplanes. Back when I was in my early 20's I was buzzing corn fields in the middle of Illinois. The perimeter of the corn fields were surrounded by woods with a road running across the middle of the corn field. I liked to dive down on the deck from about 1000 ft. at full velocity and dodge in and out of the oil wells in the corn field. I had to pull up immediately one time because a car came out of the woods and was going across the road right in front of me. I didn't brown my shorts that day. .....but I'm betting the poor bastard in the car did! I'm thinking I missed him by about 5 feet at 200 mph. Young and dumb was great. I'm suprised I'm still here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Threw my DJ Safety Big Chutes at Rockingham one time and pulled Negative 4.25 G's.... went from 220+ mph to zero in about 500 feet. That was exciting... ;)
I went from 120mph to 10mph in 50 feet,twice in a row....parachute opened to fast instead of taking 400-500 feet to open...now that's deceleration. Compressed 3 disc and ended my skydiving career after 360 jumps.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well unfortunately, my buddy with the Rocket pushed his luck one time too many :(

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/60750-ntsb+investigation+reports+pilot+error+caused+fatal+2008+crash

I haven't flown much since then.
That really sucks. It can happen all too quick. If you think you are really good that is the hint that it is time to quit. Or at least just fly them like the rules say you should. The only problem is once you have done that stuff it is highly addictive. It's like crack. The adrenalin rush is insane!! Once you feel it you just got to have more.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I went from 120mph to 10mph in 50 feet,twice in a row....parachute opened to fast instead of taking 400-500 feet to open...now that's deceleration. Compressed 3 disc and ended my skydiving career after 360 jumps.
Double ouch!!

I've never tried that. The wings were always still attached so I saw no reason to get out! :)

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Chris... I sent you an email. But here are some items I think will work for you... ;)

Manual Rack (Quick Ratio)

Bump Steer Kit

79-93 Mustang Manual Shaft Kit

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks Cale.. I got the eMail. I wanted to respond but work was just nuts. I ended up down in Nashville today cleaning up a computer mess that somebody made for me. I went in at 3:00am and I just got home. I'd be rich if I was hourly.

Shoot me a price on the rack & pinion, and the linkage and I'll get a check cut and over to you. I already have the UPR manual bump steer kit that I got from you in the last round of purchases.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Thanks Cale.. I got the eMail. I wanted to respond but work was just nuts. I ended up down in Nashville today cleaning up a computer mess that somebody made for me. I went in at 3:00am and I just got home. I'd be rich if I was hourly.

Shoot me a price on the rack & pinion, and the linkage and I'll get a check cut and over to you. I already have the UPR manual bump steer kit that I got from you in the last round of purchases.
They would be out of business if they paid us by the hour.:eek:

Clay

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Engine & Trans Pictures

Here are some pictuers of the engine and transmission about to go in the car. I'm waiting for my buddy to come over then we will shove it down in there. The oil pan on the engine as shown in th pictures has come off. Last week I could not get it to clear my K Member so I purchased a stock Ford swap truck pan from DragZ79 (Thanks Scott!) and have since put it on. Hopefully later tonight I'll have a few pic's of the thing shoved down in there.

521 C.I.D. 13.3:1 Compression .735/.735 Lunati Cam

Comp Cams Rocker Stud Girdle. Crane Gold Race 1.73 Roller Rockers

TCI Full Competition C6 Reverse Manual Valve Body with Trans Brake

Total Performance Motor Plate and Mad Dog Headers. Once I get the motor set in and mocked up I'm going to pull it back out and paint the engine compartment. Then the headers & motor plate will be sent out for plating down in Nashville at NitroPlate.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
She's Home!! More Pictures!!

Well after a little bit of cussing and fussing I finally took her home. It has been a long time coming but I sure am glad that it is set in and it fits!! Next steps will be to finialize the motor position, weld the transmission cross member bushings into place, fabricate & weld on the motor plate mounting brackets and put the last 2 roll cage bars into the engine compartment and weld those in place. Lots more work to go and money to spend...

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Chris make sure you fit the headers before you weld the brackets on for the motor plate or the trans x-member, you may need to move it forward or backward some. Another thing I like to do is close the top of the frame rails in they often rust out below where the battery was and I like the added strength.

41 - 60 of 1397 Posts