460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6AL model 6420. Attached to it now is the MSD 2 step rev. control 8739. I want to know if I can also have a retard box as well, maybe model 8678.

I have an ideal of how it would hook up but not sure, have not been able to locate any diagrams for that set up. Usually it is always for one add on. I think if you would plug the retard box to the 6AL and plug the 2 step into the retard box. Am I on the right track?

I locked the distributor, love the response but hate the start ups and I even turn over before arming the ignition.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I run the start retard module on my old 7al-2 (the one that's really like the old 7al's), As the instructions show, it wires in place of the dizzy and the dizzy connects to the retard module. The 2 step plugs in inplace of the RPM chip, so long story short, you can use them both.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run the start retard module on my old 7al-2 (the one that's really like the old 7al's), As the instructions show, it wires in place of the dizzy and the dizzy connects to the retard module. The 2 step plugs in inplace of the RPM chip, so long story short, you can use them both.
Thanks, because I was baffled with this I posted on another forum. MSD 8982 seem to be what I want to get which sounds exactly like what you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts