460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, have a 79 f150 long box mud truck. Built bars 44" long, trying to get it to hook better. Hooks fair now avg 3.5 in 200'. Need more bite!

·
Registered
113 Posts
And get a good housing floater too. the goal is no bind as everything is moving up and down. I got this set up in my truck. I need to add some more holes at the front mount, we built it with 3. The more we move the front down the more its biting.
Page 3 in this section has a good long discussion, also front has as much to do with it as the rear. If you haven't already get the Door Slammer Chassis Book, it helped me grasp the whole picture of what we need to do.

Derrick

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already have floaters on axle housing, was wandering if ladder bars need to be longer? They are 44" long. So far truck hooks best in middle hole on front mount. When in bottom hole it shocks tires and then unloads. Bought some double adjust shocks hope that helps. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I often drive off the road, so my truck is often dirty. I wash it myself and some parts are difficult to clean from dirt. I'm now choosing a ladder for the back door.I noticed that the ladder is very necessary for loading heavy loads, but I also often meet people's feedback that the standard ladder that is attached to the back door isn't always convenient. I found here truckpowerup.com an article with reviews of various ladders. I want to buy a ladder that will be mounted in the inside of the back door. it will be convenient to fold it when I don't use the trunk floor. Do you think this is a good decision?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts