460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Those of you that have used this front clip conversion with the 460, what oil pan have you been using, that clears the front crossmember. I will be using front and mid plates with a glide. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.......................Dale

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that info would have helped. Duh!! The car is a 65 Mustang with the Mustang 11 front suspension. I have not had the engine into this thing yet, as I bought it as a roller. Has anyone had any experiance with this combo? Going by the measuring tape, it will be damn close fitting all in behind the crossmember, but I think that is wishfull thinking. Really want to keep the engine down as far as possible, so maybe an external oil pump, and a custom oil pan are in order. Any thoughts?????????? Thanks again............Dale

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Dale578 said:
I guess that info would have helped. Duh!! The car is a 65 Mustang with the Mustang 11 front suspension. I have not had the engine into this thing yet, as I bought it as a roller. Has anyone had any experiance with this combo? Going by the measuring tape, it will be damn close fitting all in behind the crossmember, but I think that is wishfull thinking. Really want to keep the engine down as far as possible, so maybe an external oil pump, and a custom oil pan are in order. Any thoughts?????????? Thanks again............Dale
Fox BBswap rear sump (actually called dual sump) pan. Available as stock type from Ford Racing (originally a 4WD truck part) or if you need more than stock capacity from most aftermarket race-pan builders (Canton, Milodon etc)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.