460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i have a tubular k-member w/ a-arms, lakewood struts w/ coilovers and a flaming river manual rack kit all for a foxbody.

i am planning on upgrading to a 1995 sn95 coupe, but have a quick question regarding my fox parts. i know the k-memeber will work on 1979-1995 cars, but would everthing else, other than the coilovers, need to be changed? or will my fox stuff work on the newer model mustang?

thanks for your help,
carl

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the info, i was hoping it would be that easy. just have to see if everything works out now with the new car.

thanks,
carl.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't know about the struts, but the fox a- arms will bring the front tires in over an inch on each side compared to the sn 95 arms. It looks alot nicer if your running a pro star or drag lite.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I thought the struts would swap with the only thing being the spindle mounting area is thinner on the SN95 on up stuff.......

So now here's my dilemma..... What struts do I get on my Fox with SN95 front spindles, brakes, etc..? Fox or SN95 struts?

·
Registered
313 Posts
jbozzelle said:
I thought the struts would swap with the only thing being the spindle mounting area is thinner on the SN95 on up stuff.......

So now here's my dilemma..... What struts do I get on my Fox with SN95 front spindles, brakes, etc..? Fox or SN95 struts?
That I do not know, I am still running 4 lug.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for all the help,

i guess i will try out my fox struts to see if they will work also, if not a new pair isn't that big of a deal.

·
Registered
816 Posts
jbozzelle said:

John, I think all 5.0 cars had the thin spindle. That's why Lake wood sends spacers with their 90/10s. The 4cyl. cars had the thicker spindles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on my 90/10's the box the struts came in said it would fit all 79 and up mustangs.

D

·
0 Posts
Chuck said:
jbozzelle said:

John, I think all 5.0 cars had the thin spindle. That's why Lake wood sends spacers with their 90/10s. The 4cyl. cars had the thicker spindles.
1985 or 86 and prior v8 cars used the thicker spindles too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts