460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm having trouble locating some rear spring rearend to leaf mounts for a 77 Mustang II........I'll post a pic of it when I get back home........brother's car was sagging on one side so he bought some new leaf springs.....pulled things apart and one mount was all bent up....dont understand what is going on yet.....going to have to get under there and look......has Southside Machine bars on it......may just have to fab one up but hell I have enough things to do already.....D

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well here it is.....i guess its not too bad but it just looks like a pos...cant tell its bent up in the pic...maybe i ought to just straighten it up....................

·
Registered
928 Posts
My guess is that the rubber insulator is either missing or has been replaced with some other material causing the car to sag. It's been a while since I last had my last Cobra II and my memory isn't as good as I remembered it was...Has the car ever been wrecked?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as i can tell the car has never been wrecked.....rubbers were in there.....might have been bent before and my bro didnt see it....or it bent after he put on the t-bars...I may just straighten it an try it....not sure yet.........D

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think that I ended up replacing the original Mustang II mounts with non-rubber encased mounts. The Mustang II was envisioned to be a smooth riding car and I guess that Ford put the rubber spring mounts in there to smooth out the rough ride. The rubber deflected too much in my opinion causing all sorts of problems (either racing or just street use) especially if the car has lot's of miles on it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts