460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys heres my newest build. It's a 90 coupe that I mini-tubbed, caged and built the k member myself. The motor's a 501 4.140 off set ground cast crank, 6.7 aluminum rod ross 14:1's. Comp solid roller 312 322 adv. duration .721 .728 lift. DOVE-C's w/ big valve fully ported weiand stealth intake and a Holly 1050. Trannys a glide w/brake and a 4800 converter. I'm hoping the car weighs in at 2850 with me in it. I'm interested to see what you guys think this combo might do in the 1/8 mile.

[/img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x292/dcfabworks/coupedeville002.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x292/dcfabworks/coupedeville026.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x292/dcfabworks/coupedeville005.jpg

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Need more pictures of the k member. Looks nice from what I see. Maybe a side business :?:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll get some pics of the k member up shortly. I'm definitely up to building some more if the interest is there. Also looking at trying to redesign for a better fit for us big block guys, i'm open to any input.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Very nice :!:

·
Registered
475 Posts
looks very nice to bad I just got mine made. :(
How wide is it at the back it looks at least 28 or 29 inchs wide.
Would you plan on adding motor mounts?

That jig is the best part very nice work and welds

Dan

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If the weight is below 3K with you in it then something's wrong if it doesn't run a low 6 sec pass in the 1/8th.

Excellent job on the k-member and arms. Any plans to open up the fron of it like the AJE units or possibly drop the rack (if it doesn't already have a drop in it) ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I made everything you see myself. As far as price goes, i'm not really sure yet. I'm having to farm out some of the work like the ball joint cups and the coil over kit, but i'm gonna be cheaper than say an AJE. Hopefully in the next month or so i will have a few for sale in the auction block.

There will be many options available, motor mounts or none, bushing style a-arms or adjustable, coil over kit or stock springs and powdercoating color choice. I'm working on the jig now to accomodate an 1 1/2" dropped rack. A

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 501 fox coupe build UPDATED W/PICS 2-22-09

Well after lots of long hours my car's still not done, but it's close. And if I do say so myself it looks pretty damn good. I got the windows made today and have to paint the window trim and do the interior and about a thousand other things, but it's finally coming together.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My car is about the same as yours,I missed out on the scales sat.,but I did get in a couple of passes.My car went 6.54 @107.I run a looser converter and a bigger tire.It would have been better if the track was a little better.Chuck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My car is about the same as yours,I missed out on the scales sat.,but I did get in a couple of passes.My car went 6.54 @107.I run a looser converter and a bigger tire.It would have been better if the track was a little better.Chuck
This motor ran a 6.93 @ 100 in my dads pink and white 56, which weighs in at 4200lbs. I'm hoping this things gets close to 2900 with me in it. I've got high hopes for 5.90's!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts