460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
557 scat kit, comp roller cam. oil galleries drilled out, roller lifters, bootom end girdle, pistons have been notched, dove heads ported, 2.225 &1.76 manleys, tunnel ram & hat injection, enderele fuel pump, vacu-pans, c6, 4 link with strange centre and moser axles, headers are custom gonzo pipes. tyres 32x15 hoosier.
in car entertainment provided by throttle and associates.
10.04 @ 135mph 1/4
60foot from idle no brake 1.41
feel free to post comment

www.boostcruising.com/members/showimage.php?dbpic=26894
www.boostcruising.com/members/showimage.php?dbpic=26893
www.boostcruising.com/members/showimage.php?dbpic=26892
www.boostcruising.com/members/showimage.php?dbpic=26891
hope this works :shock:
[/URL]

[/img]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rockhampton motor sports built the motor and box, dove c heads flow alright. some said they were no good for this. but they seem to work. of all the panels the only original bit is the roof, all the rest including floor and sills, front & rear quarters, boot lid, and bonnet were replaced. they are all steel, and panel & paint by me and brother.

[/img]

·
Registered
5 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
Nice... :D What kind of Ford is that????
Its an angry XE Falcon. The very last Falcon to get the factory V8 (clevo)
before the newer ones with windsors.

ironbark, looks real nice mate. I bet its a handfull to drive :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Josh, the rear quarter panels were purchased direct from ford.
The reason they may look different is because I welded the holes closed for tornuea or tarp hooks, and the fuel filler hole was also welded over. The doors recieved the same type of treatment for the door handles and locks. The gap where the tailgate closes and the gaurds start was also welded up to create seamless lines. The only original panel left is the roof and front pillars. Then the whole car was bogged (bondo) up and then sanded and repeated to make sure it was straight. All done by me and my little brother under my house including paint, note the 2 pac metalic silver undercoat, supposed to make the black pop.
All ford parts, and all steel, and best of all, it's all mine.
Not to shabby for 2 concreters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: king of the hill

ironbark said:
are you going to king of the hill. hoping to take this up for a hit, might see you there. 10 or 11 november townsville king of hill
Nah, probably wont go back till June 08, thats my once a year race.
Need to sort out the suspension before i head back. Got to stop it squatting down and letting the tailshaft hit the floor on launch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ironbark said:
what sort of rearend are you running
It has std XD sedan leaf rear. I only have 4 passes on the current motor, but it had a few rear end issues. Its mainly a streeter but did run 11.04 at 123.
I'm thinking of putting some Caltrac bars on for the trip to Townsville next time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah dee, those caltracs seem to really hook up, have never used them but mates have.
the king of the hill in townsville is on in a couple of weeks and it looks like I may have to miss it.
motor is in to many different places at the moment.
fordtek the tow vehicle is the latest offering from ford australia, it is a 5.4ltr, or about 347 cubes, auto ute, mine is the base model standing 1/4 [email protected] stock.
great tow vehicle

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ripper ute mate, great to see a car doesn't need a 'bow-tie' product in it to boogie!!

Nice to see DOVE-C heads CAN breathe too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gday scumdog, gee mate we are practicaly neghbours compared to the rest of the boys here.
my little brother runs all bowtie crap, makes things very ineresting though. I helped build his, a 383 in a lj torana 9.7 134mph.
so I really have to sort mine out, that was his best time in 18 months, I achieved that on pass number 5. lol
he has since built another bowtie jigger, with number plates EAT-557.
well I always said he was an optimistic barstad.

·
Registered
248 Posts
ironbark, I feel your bro has wasted good money on that number plate!!
Keep the blue ovel rocking!!

My next project is a '37 Ford coupe, gonna run '68 460 with tunnel-ram, twin 660s, four speed top-loader etc.

Wanno make it a rapid 'rat-rod.

PS, is the XD 'streetable??

1 - 20 of 74 Posts