460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 56 F100 pro-street build. Doing my first ever 2x4 tube chassis. 532 with TKO 600 5-speed. D1VE block,6.8 rods, Ross D-shaped dished pistons 11:1, Blue Thunder B heads, Tunnel ram if I can make it fit? Look's like I will have to build headers, unless someone has a suggestion? Also any cam suggestions would help. Juice or solid roller. I got this far from the old forum. Thanks to all. It will be mainly a street fun machine if you know what I mean. I have done other trucks in the past but this is my first of this caliber. I will post a link to my web site if it works to look at a few pictures if you like. Will post more as I go. Copy and paste below.

http://mysite.verizon.net/danbfl/danos56f100prostreetproject/

If anyone see's me going in the wrong direction with this speak up, mistakes and redoing get's costly. Thanks guy's. Dan

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks good so far Dano, the one thing I noticed was the engine is pretty far forward, In my brother 58' it too was far forward, he wound up "dog housing" the firewall & moving the engine back about 6 inches, it looks like that will be tough to pull off with the tunnel ram but would be benefitial at the track,
Also where did you get the rear frame rails at? did you have them bent? or are they availible somewhere? I have about three projects lined up that I could use those on,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skipped_link said:
Looks good so far Dano, the one thing I noticed was the engine is pretty far forward, In my brother 58' it too was far forward, he wound up "dog housing" the firewall & moving the engine back about 6 inches, it looks like that will be tough to pull off with the tunnel ram but would be benefitial at the track,
Also where did you get the rear frame rails at? did you have them bent? or are they availible somewhere? I have about three projects lined up that I could use those on,
It will be tight to move back with the tunnel ram. I may have to do something with the cowl. I got Art Morrison to bend the rails. Little spendy but what ain't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like you've got the right plan, Dano. I'm building a 58 F-100 for bracket racing. I agree with the comment about the engine being a bit too far forward. I saw the same thing when building mine. I moved the firewall back 6 inches and eliminated the cowl vent. I also added 2 "tip-outs" in the new firewall for a little legroom. However, I'm running a single plane Motorsport intake and a 1050 Holley, so it was a bit easier than a tunnel ram. I love your frame rails. I did all mine myself. Not as nice looking, but effective. I also channeled the floor 3 inches and chopped the top 2 inches. It don't leave much headroom. Good thing I'm not very tall!
Keep up the good work. I've never used a forum or anything like this before, so I'm not sure yet how to post pictures. But, I hope to figure this thing out. You have one nice project going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts