460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Im building my first big block and im looking for anyone who has built the same combination so I can see what kind of power im looking at. Ive started off with a a460 shortblock. It has a scat 4340 Crank, 4340 H beam rods. JE pistons. THIS IS A PUMP GAS MOTOR. 10.3:1 compression. I have Kaase P 51 heads, a .764 solid roller cam duration 256 on both sides. Super Victor intake ported by kaase, and a Pro System 1150 dominator. hoping to make upper 800 horse range. thanks

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Hello all. Im building my first big block and im looking for anyone who has built the same combination so I can see what kind of power im looking at. Ive started off with a a460 shortblock. It has a scat 4340 Crank, 4340 H beam rods. JE pistons. THIS IS A PUMP GAS MOTOR. 10.3:1 compression. I have Kaase P 51 heads, a .764 solid roller cam duration 256 on both sides. Super Victor intake ported by kaase, and a Pro System 1150 dominator. hoping to make upper 800 horse range. thanks

What class are you running?

What size is the crank?

I'd swap out the dished pistons for flat tops to get some more compression unless you plan on running pump gas.

Are the heads out of the box or have they been rubbed on?

Edit: Just realized it's a 604. Must have a BIG dish piston and a 4.5" crank.

Carry on...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i thought of running 13:1 comprision but it make the engine damn hard to start on a hot day. The 604 is a 4.5 crank with a 4.625 bore. I think it uses a 6.7 rod. The kaase heads are out of the box, havent been touched. I am using this car in a fox body mustang for drag racing but would like to take it on a saturday night cruise every once in awhile.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if im gonna run this combo in the nmra. I used to run a small block and it flew, but ive switched to more of a bracket racing. I would like to run some nhra events with it. I looking for low 9's or high 8's with this motor. just need some advice. Like I said this is my first big block so Ive got alot to learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts