460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
62 Galaxie, stock frame rail, 10" tire, Chromemoly 4 link, chromemoly cage, BBF powered, will be silver bottom of the car and top with red interior and a black frame that should look good against the silver bottom. This is a rust free colorado car. Hope it weighs #3200- #3300lbs when finished.

Travis

Travis 8)

·
Registered
201 Posts
That thing is looking nice Travis, wish mine was that far along.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Travis: I haven't seen a 62 Ford stripped down that far since I toured the Ford assembly plant at Mahwah, New Jersey back in 62 !! It's looking as good as it did when it was born! Happy New Year

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Travis - Looks great, your doing some nice work. I don't know what them year/body of cars weigh but I think you will be pushing real hard to make 3200# with caged and a steel body/floor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOW !!! ...I can't put into words just how awesome your car is !
I really hope that as time goes by you'll keep us posted on your progress. As an "old boy" myself (49) I've got a nice '62 500 , I got mine back in '85 from the original owner. Right now it's got a 406 with 428 crank & 3-speed OD, and of course I want to do something different then that set-up also. I really like what your doing, a guy just never see's a totally awesome early Galaxie. From time to time I'll see one tubbed or just cleaned up, I did see a fantastic '60 Starliner with more modern running gear (4.6) at a Good Guys Show , and I told the guy that I thought his car was the best car there ! So, please keep up the work that your doing , maybe it's time that the car world starts to see the potential that the early Galaxies have.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guy's. The car is a pretty drawn out project. I have a soft spot for 61 & 62 fords for some unknown reason. I'll kep you posted on updates to the car as it happens, but it has taken almost 2 years to get this far.

Travis :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wayne Pearce said:
Travis: I haven't seen a 62 Ford stripped down that far since I toured the Ford assembly plant at Mahwah, New Jersey back in 62 !! It's looking as good as it did when it was born! Happy New Year

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
Hopefully Wayne when i'm done it will look better than a new 62 did then. So far I have cut the original frame apart and re-welded every body mount and the top and bottom side from front to back ................. approx. 10# of wire in the welder gone. :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Travis,

Lookin' good! It's nice to see you are doing a '62 vs. the overly done '63-'64...nothing against them. Looks like a really nice structutre to start with, keep the pics. coming.

Rick S.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TrickFlowRick said:
Travis,

Lookin' good! It's nice to see you are doing a '62 vs. the overly done '63-'64...nothing against them. Looks like a really nice structutre to start with, keep the pics. coming.

Rick S.
Thanks Rick. I have always been one to be a little different in about everything I do. Hows your 69 coming??
Travis

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
63galaxie2 said:
Thats purtymuch how I mini tubed mine.When you look in the trunk it still looks factory,unless you look closer .Fantastic car BTW! 8)
I got the DVD of the Moly A-arm kit you sent me pictures of. I may get the lower arms but feel I can use some of the Fatman stuff pretty easily to mate the top and instead of having a flat non-arced a-arm .Thanks for turning me on to gearhead vendors, if nothing else it gave me some great ideas. thanks for the compliments.
Travis

·
Registered
403 Posts
TravisRice said:
TrickFlowRick said:
Travis,

Rick S.
Thanks Rick. I have always been one to be a little different in about everything I do. Hows your 69 coming??
Travis
Here's what I got done as of lately: set the motor back, mini-tub, rear suspension, 40 spline axles, fuel system.

What needs to be done: 3rd member, driveshaft, headers, wire the car and paint...thats all lol: Man, goin fast ain't cheap!

We also moved into a new house in Nov. and have another addition to our family...I need to take a breather on the car for a few months. I will try and post some pics in the next few weeks.

Rick S.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts