460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some of yall might like to see my BBF toy.Its an 86 with a built 466 with 4 speed manual.Axles are from an 05 F350, tires are 19.5 x 44 swampers.I have never really bogged it.I have twisted some solid u joints in half.Anway my cousin and myself have done all the work to it.I like it,and we done it ourselves, its my first 460 powered vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love that body style, mostly because i learned to drive in dads 80 ext cab long box , and my first truck when i was 16 was a 80 reg cab long box. That thing is just nasty looking man.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
how much lift and fender trimmin?
i have a 9 inch lift and a body lift on my 77 f150 and im hopin 44's will fit with minimal trimmin cuz i plan on getting a set real soon

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have about 12 or 13 inches of lift on it counting the body and suspension lift.I only trimmed an inch or so behind the tires and about the same infront of the tires.See, I trimmed it when it was still a twin I beam front end, I dont think I would of had to trim it at all if I had the straight axle on it to begin with.I think you will be ok.If it is scrubbing, just make a spacer to go either on top or on bottom of the coil springs, or get longer springs.But remember the higher you go, the more out of line the front shaft will be, I had to beef up all my U joints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts