460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea that I am going to try. I have an '88 F-150 that I am building a 460 (of course!!!) to put in it and put it on the track. Am I completely stupid, or is this a good idea? You just don't see many Ford trucks on the strip, so I thought I would try it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
random-strike,

Apparently you're a new user and may not have picked up on the fact that this site is relatively "clean cut".

I don't intend to preach, I just like to keep the site at a current standard so your post has been edited.

Nothing personal.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ford_racer said:
I have an idea that I am going to try. I have an '88 F-150 that I am building a 460 (of course!!!) to put in it and put it on the track. Am I completely stupid, or is this a good idea? You just don't see many Ford trucks on the strip, so I thought I would try it.
Naaa, not stupid. You can drag race anything if you can dream it. Check out this F-100 of Willinghams. It is currently under re-constuction and is going to be bad! 8)

More pics and info on his truck here...... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/731461

Cool idea.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
We race a black-primered '88 Ranger with a 514. It's as ugly as homemade poop, but it jerks the front end up for 100' and hauls. Fun to drive....fun to watch.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Fordtek1 said:
don't forget the ugly old pickup that someone posted a pic of awhile back w/ the frt wheels about 3 ft in the air.....
Yep, that would be Wes Littrell's old 65 or 66 F100. It's running an 557 on alcohol. It's still got the straight axle in it if I recall correctly. Runs in the 8's.......

Wayne pretty much summed it up. If you can dream it then do it.

I think if you lowered it a little and tucked up the rear tires it would handle a lot better down track. Plus you would get cool points for being different.

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, good. I was hoping that I wasn't comepletely insane (that's what my wife tells me anyway). I'm gonna go for it. I'll post pics when it's completed. Thanks.

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts