460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys but I traded in my ford for a chevy.
anyway just thought I would post of pic of my new ride. Its a 1973 convertible corvette thats been restored frame off everything on it is brand new and only has 6500 miles but the car only has 66,xxx orginal miles as far as I understand.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Clean car. The custom bodywork is a mix of years. I had my exp. with a 73 L-82 4spd ht 25yrs ago, was all orig 'cept headers. Had lots of fun in it. Kind of a creaky dog , but fun. My girlfriend bought it to hot rod with the guys lol. Oh , & that car was small at the drive in. Tres...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clean car. The custom bodywork is a mix of years. I had my exp. with a 73 L-82 4spd ht 25yrs ago, was all orig 'cept headers. Had lots of fun in it. Kind of a creaky dog , but fun. My girlfriend bought it to hot rod with the guys lol. Oh , & that car was small at the drive in. Tres...
yeah they updated it with the 1980 front clip and bumper. yeah these are little bitty cars I noticed how much room I didn't have the frist time I hopped in it. lol

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Not only is it a Chevy but it is a Small block to,

PS when you stuffing the 460 in it, that would be a Slap in the face to all them little Bowtie boys to have there greatess chevy ever powered by a big block Ford:D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not only is it a Chevy but it is a Small block to,

PS when you stuffing the 460 in it, that would be a Slap in the face to all them little Bowtie boys to have there greatess chevy ever powered by a big block Ford:D
lol I thought about a 460 but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to a vette. I am however thinking about a big block chevy in it or a high rev small block.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am a fan of Ford Mo Co, but I have always loved the Corvette. IMO the one thing GM got right was the Corvette. The Corvette has always been a world class sports car that a working man could afford (after a lot of saving of course).

I have 2 Corvettes now - a highly modified 92 LT1 6spd and a dead stock 76 L48 auto.

I wish Ford could build one because I'd buy, but Ford never seemed to have the desire to make (or import) them (Pantera and the GT) in sufficient quanites so that anyone could save their $$$ and buy one. The closest thing we have is the Mustang and it is a nice car (I have an 05) with good performance (and always has been) but it's not a Corvette. It's a hard task to strike the balance of exclusivity/availibility the Corvette has. Maybe its just such a small part of the market to go after Ford feels like they are better served just selling a few more F150's.

Its a bit of a club you get into with Corvette ownership but not a snooty a$$ hat club like Porsche and the Italian makes have. I've met lots of people who are genuine enthusist about their Corvette and most cars in general. I'm happy to be in the club because IMO there is little in this world more Amercian that that.

65F150 - Congrats on your Corvette. Enjoy it.
Will

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am a fan of Ford Mo Co, but I have always loved the Corvette. IMO the one thing GM got right was the Corvette. The Corvette has always been a world class sports car that a working man could afford (after a lot of saving of course).

I have 2 Corvettes now - a highly modified 92 LT1 6spd and a dead stock 76 L48 auto.

I wish Ford could build one because I'd buy, but Ford never seemed to have the desire to make (or import) them (Pantera and the GT) in sufficient quanites so that anyone could save their $$$ and buy one. The closest thing we have is the Mustang and it is a nice car (I have an 05) with good performance (and always has been) but it's not a Corvette. It's a hard task to strike the balance of exclusivity/availibility the Corvette has. Maybe its just such a small part of the market to go after Ford feels like they are better served just selling a few more F150's.

Its a bit of a club you get into with Corvette ownership but not a snooty a$$ hat club like Porsche and the Italian makes have. I've met lots of people who are genuine enthusist about their Corvette and most cars in general. I'm happy to be in the club because IMO there is little in this world more Amercian that that.

65F150 - Congrats on your Corvette. Enjoy it.
Will
Thanks, I am planning on enjoying it a whole lot especially whats left of this summer. Sounds like you have some cool vettes too!

·
Registered
620 Posts
What did you do...get a divorce?
Lol..cause thats when I bought mine.

My Dad had a red '86 sitting in the garage for about 10 years so, I decided to put it to good use. It's my daily driver (even in the winter, until the snow flies) and when it finally takes a ****....I'm gonna make a BBF-powered drag car out of it.......oh yes, yes I will...;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
lol I thought about a 460 but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to a vette. I am however thinking about a big block chevy in it or a high rev small block.
Every time I see one of those cars I think of the engine we built at the shop I work at. It's a Dart block, 434" motor with Dart CNC heads. Solid roller, T&D rockers and it made 655 hp.... That would make that little car fly!
Got a customer right now that is having us build a 580" motor for his old vette. 502 block with a 4.5" stroke. PITA getting that thing to turn in the block... It's gonna need a lot of heavy metal added once we get it to clear the pistons with the rods we need to use in that short little block. No way you can get close to fitting a 6.7 or 6.8 (or a 7.1 like the 440 mopars use) rod in a std deck chevy with that kind of stroke. Should be a complete pain in the *** to drive once it's done... Hope he doesn't kill himself. Have fun with that car though, it'll be a blast I'm sure!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts