460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I picked up my new drive shaft from Republic Diesel and test fitted the trans mount that I made.

Both fit perfect 8)

Bill says I'm going to slow the car down by adding that bulky heavy trans mount :lol: It's hard to see, but I have a Neoprene rubber shim between the trans and the mount.

I was going to powdercoat the mount but I was afraid that Bill would start calling me Bruce Sherry again :lol: :lol: :p

Maybe I'll powdercoat it the next time I have it out of the car.

Nitride Hardened Strange Slip Yoke $200
Custom 3.5" Driveshaft with solid 1350 series U-joints $257
Two additional RD driveshafts collecting dust in my shop along with the Camaro you see in the background ...... Priceless :mrgreen:

Yes I know the underneath of my car is dirty :roll:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
It prolly won't matter as much with the good case, but the solid trans mount used with motor and mid plates is not a good idea, it puts a lot of strain on the tranny case when the car leaves, worse case you will crack it.

You can leave the bolts from the mount to the case real loose or out altogether, just let it float.

Looks good man, not being critical, just I see a potencial proble,.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's Dad's Camaro :roll:

Jon,

I'm going to do just that. I'm not going to tighten the bolts too much but just enough to make it snug. That's why I put the rubber shim between the mount and trans case, kind of help 'cushion' it a little bit.

You better get registered, Randy needs to get registered as well. Monday is the cut off date for pre-registration :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Damon,

2 words....

Pressure Washer !!! :twisted: :twisted:

See ya at the Bash !!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Damon, looking good!! :D Even though it would make me feel better if you would have set your mount up with a poly trans mount. They are only about $25-30. Anyway, if you run this weekend give me a shout & let me know how you did. :D

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
[quote=I was going to powdercoat the mount but I was afraid that Bill would start calling me Bruce Sherry again :lol: :lol: :p

Maybe I'll powdercoat it the next time I have it out of the car.

Yes I know the underneath of my car is dirty :roll:

MAYBE if it was powdercoated, it MIGHT see soap and water once in a while??? :roll:

What Bill didn't tell you was all that powdercoating makes the car more aerodynamic and we go faster--whatever it takes to WIN the bash!!!! :wink:

Bruce

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 15 of 15 Posts