460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VERY EXCITED AND HAPPY to say the least, made 8 pulls and we decided to call it a day motor still had more in it! this thing is dying for a tunnel ram and another carb !

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice work!
There appears to be a fuel distribution issue between the left and right bank, any idea what's causing this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work!
There appears to be a fuel distribution issue between the left and right bank, any idea what's causing this?
could be a slight leak in exhaust, will usually throw it off a little, could also be the sensor.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Congrats..... I know you're jazzed. Great job :D

Nice BSFC numbers.

Now I need to go back and read the other thread to bring myself up to date ;)

G- Code :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats Lou and great numbers for an N2O combo and that carb! Should rock "n" roll with the N2o flowing.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Damn Lou !

How much spray ya gonna put to it?
http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126407

" being that my small block has a 293 exhaust duration at .50 and a 113 lobe separation i was still able to put through 600-650 hp worth of juice that same theory should apply to my bb except because of the size of the engine and cylinder head it should be able to take alot more than my small block did and take it at a higher rpm. "

G-Code :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn Lou !

That car is gonna be a rocket, Great build ! How much spray ya gonna put to it?
i am gonna start off easy with 6 or 700 lol! then i will lean into it!
i need to make around 1600hp on spray to be really competitive at 3050lbs which i think will be possible with my combo now that the motor by itself is doing so well. i feel that i can realistically make atleast another 5-600 hp on spray and that should get me in the ballpark of where i need to be. however, keep in mind, i may need to spray 800-1000hp worth of juice to get that actual 600 at the flywheel.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
very interesting Lou --- so if i want to have 1200hp total and i have a 800hp motor i will need say like 600hp of the spray to make 1200 ??? not 400.......----why is that ??? sorry to hi-jack your thread
some motors are more efficient than others in simple terms, camshaft, combustion chamber, and compression will play a huge part in this, as well as your cylinder heads flow potential. the systems will be somewhat efficient and accurate to a certain point then of course after that point of big gains you will find that you start throwing the kitchen sink at it then all the sudden your only picking up hundreths of et and all the sudden the math doesn't add up any more thats just the way it works the motor will let you know when its done or can't take anymore, lol!

i can atribute to a burnt piston or two in my learning curve through out the years!
my small block i was puttin in around 600 on 2 systems to make an honest 3-400 going down the track.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so when you are on the spray Lou are you going to rev her to 8,000 ??

hell yeah, you almost always shift about 5-600 rpms higher than your peak hp rpm on the dyno sheet , this will be an 82-8500 rpm engine. the spray will bring her down a little in rpm range , every engine we ever dynoed on spray the rpm power curve will generally drop off 1-200 rpms depending on how much you dump in her!

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lou, this build is very intriguing --- so what is the maintence schedule on an engine program like this .... every event , once every 10 runs ??? just tring to figure which way i want go go as far as a top end ...... thxs for all the answers to my stupid questions

thxs Bruno
i pull it out when it breaks, lol! i generally do a thorough leak down and compression test after every outing keep an eye on all the valve springs check for signs of head gasket failure and always look inside your oil filter too and see whats going on there. if i should make it through the season without major carnage it gets honed, re-rung and all new bearings.
i usually try to get about 100 passes out of a set of rods. i use MGP rods. i have the carb gone through every 2 seasons and trannys once a year. as for the converter if you got a good one don't ever touch it unless it fails.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts