460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Got to the track today and got in the ten's on the first pass. Very happy, but traction was an issue, Would pull driverside front about a foot in the air then unload the rear suspension.
IMG.jpg

Oh, by the way I am number B402.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words!

The rear suspension is pretty much stock save for homemade flipkit and some home built slapper bars that I built the night before PAO and are made of the original leaf spring plate and .120" wall 2x3 with 4" inch long 1/2" bolts instead of rubber snubbers that I have about 1/4" preload on both sides (the bolts are directly below the front leaf eye). Definitely could use an antisway bar and some real suspension mods. I am thinking Cal-tracs should work good. I have a 10 point cage so shouldn't have much if any chassis flex. I am not too thrilled with my converter either my figures said the new gears should have gotten me [email protected]'s but I noticed it was at 6500 on the 10.64 pass. Seems like alot of slippage.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1.51 is a good 60 ft, it showed in the 10.64. Do you need an anti roll bar in the back or is it chassis twist ? Got it well in the tens though,good job.
I think if I could get it to hook better I could have gotten ~1.40's. Even on that pass it spun about 10-15'.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all!

Thanks to everyone! I honestly don't think I would have gotten where I am with this truck without evreyone's help and advice from this forum. This thing is gonna be a blast once I get it all tuned and working together. Thanks again!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts