460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good

But what I want to know is what it looks like installed backwards?
Do you have another dash pad? My little brother may have an
extra I would have to ask.
I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A Crites hood would have........

reflected more of a Ford theme.But the fact its a sedan,the car is WAY COOL....nice go'n.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm not crazy about the hood. I'm not into the Chevy style, I only like teardrops on Fords... But that's just me, I'm ready for crotchety old man status. haha The car does look really nice though. Not shitty at all. As was mentioned I like that it's a sedan. Something different ya know? I think it's cool.

·
Registered
928 Posts
cadunkle said:
I'm not crazy about the hood. I'm not into the Chevy style
Well, I am starting to wonder just who really first used the "cowl induction" style hood that is always associated with chevy. As far as I have seen, the design looks to be a purely chevrolet design, being offered on the camaro "Z28" in 67.'

However, the 1967 Thunderbird also had what appears to be a slight "cowl induction" style hood. The T-bird's "scoop" wasn't functional and was just a styling exercise that did look good in my eyes at least..So, I guess that it merely comes down to which car was styled/released to the public first.

So, when I see that style of hood scoop, I tend to think Thunderbird, not Z28...

·
Registered
359 Posts
mp40 said:
cadunkle said:
Well, I am starting to wonder just who really first used the "cowl induction" style hood that is always associated with chevy. As far as I have seen, the design looks to be a purely chevrolet design, being offered on the camaro "Z28" in 67.'

However, the 1967 Thunderbird also had what appears to be a slight "cowl induction" style hood. The T-bird's "scoop" wasn't functional and was just a styling exercise that did look good in my eyes at least..So, I guess that it merely comes down to which car was styled/released to the public first.

So, when I see that style of hood scoop, I tend to think Thunderbird, not Z28...

I thought that the cowl induction didn't come out on the Z/28 until '69?

Scott

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
To each their own I guess.
When I was getting the fiberglass hood for my 68 Torino, all my buddies told me how great it would look with a 4" or 6" inch cowl on it. I said "HELL NO"!!!!
I put on the 'tall' Boss 429 style scoop......looks bitchen!!
Im not a fan of Chevy style cowl scoops on old Fords/Mercs....but the newer Fox body stuff lends itself quite well to that sort of styling.

·
Registered
928 Posts
bulletpruf said:
mp40 said:
cadunkle said:

I thought that the cowl induction didn't come out on the Z/28 until '69?

Scott
OOPS! That's what I get from actually listening to the chevy feaks that I (unfortunately) know :lol: that had said that the 67 came with the cowl induction hood. (I will try harder not to listen to them from now on..:lol: )

Anyway, yes, it is a personal choice as always when a (stock) car is modified. Now, I would run a Boss scoop on my 67 Mustang if it somehow looked right for the year. Or perhaps, an 1968 Cobra Jet scoop lots closer , but still not a 67' scoop..The tear drop scoop is somewhat correct it seems as I have seen at least two 67' Mustangs that have worn them since 67 or 68'.

So, I will use either a tear drop or a cowl induction scoop on my Mustang.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My favorite scoop on a '66 or '67 Fairlane is the 427 style hood with the inlet at the front of the hood. Would have done that with my '67 Fairlane, but the teardrop ('64 Fairlane Thunderbolt style) offered a little more clearance, so I went with that.

Also briefly considered a cowl induction hood, but decided against it when I realized that the teardrop would fit.

Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts