1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Damon.
We had a blast and it was great meeting all of you guys as well. Ronnie and I talked about it the whole way home and we cant wait to meet up with you guys again as well. With Bills help we made a bunch of progress on the Comet and we cant wait to get it out and find out what all is left in it now that it is starting to drive straight. See you guys at the bash in a few weeks!!!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think they didn't let you wheelie because they knew you had no other pairs of panties to put on after the run :lol: I'm glad you guys all had fun and that you were all able to make it home safe and sound and it seems like everyones cars held up so sounds like a win to me.

later, Doug

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a blast too at the Pinks race, even with the roller coaster ride of emotions. I got picked for the 9.70 class and found out later they chose the 10.2 class. They announced they would run our class too, but with pending rain I guess they just gave up on that idea. Oh well thats racing! Also for all of you that pull trailers in Illinois the speed limit is 55mph. That's what the IHP officer told me when he pulled me over doing 74mph. I should have told him that I had a competition drivers license good for 200mph. See you at the bash Damon.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
David ,that sux,as if it doesn't cost enough to get there without a ticket!! Your car looked great!! It was nice to meet you again,I'll remember you now,got the face and the name stuck together now.That was a raw deal to call you guys up and not run you.Well at least there wasn't much stuff tore up.That suprised me as many cars as there was there,and especially as lax as the tech was there.They checked my belts,that's it :roll: It was a fun time!!See you all at the bash,where Bruno's gonna get spanked :lol:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
David, I wish somebody would have told me you were there. I look at your car on BigBlockFox all the time. It's just above mine on the site.

I even took pictures of your car and just didn't put the two together until I got home and started reading all the post from the pinks weekend! :(

It would have been great to put a face with that beast of a mustang you have.

·
Registered
200 Posts
panks

Sounds like y'all had a good time! Man, David, I can't believe you were almost in the 16 on TV!! That would've been awesome!

I saw Dan's car first thing on Gateway's site...Not surprised he got some attention from the SPEED crew for the outtakes show. They could probably do a whole show with Dan!

Se y'all at the Bash
:D
TJ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: pinks

TommyJ466 said:
Sounds like y'all had a good time! Man, David, I can't believe you were almost in the 16 on TV!! That would've been awesome!

I saw Dan's car first thing on Gateway's site...Not surprised he got some attention from the SPEED crew for the outtakes show. They could probably do a whole show with Dan!

Se y'all at the Bash
:D
TJ
The whole experience was really something. They called the drivers to the staging lanes and hearded us into the tower. After attaching mics to all of us we went into the war room to be interviewed with cameras and mics in our face. From there we went back to our trailers. This was the worst of it..waiting! Going over the car a 100 times and trying to think of what we will need to have ready if we make the show. After they called the 16 it was a bummer, but they announced that my group would run too. So I'm back on a high again. Then the weather gets bad and we don't get to run. Can you picture the roller coaster ride we were on? Anyway it was a great weekend and I feel fortunate to have had the experience.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good to Meet You

Damon it was good to meet you in the staging lanes. I wanted to stop by and talk later on but never made it all the way up there. This race was a blast. I normally race at Gateway and I have never seen so many fans there even at the NHRA national event. I was bummed that you didn't get a chance to win the wheelie contest, but in their defense it was raining west of the track. My wife left right after you got sent back to the pits. She said it rained on her all the way home. We stayed at the track until 11 and it still wasn't raining so I guess it went around. There were a lot of nice cars there this weekend and surprisingly very few oil downs. I hope they consider Gateway again next year. If not it looks like we'll be travelling. Now I wish I was going to the BBF Bash, but I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
cevans wrote:
Damon,

I watched the video of your car, and it looks real good. Did you ride the wheelie bars pretty hard out there?
Charlie,

It rode them pretty even for about 8-10 feet. There wasn't any bounce marks and the chalk marks were pretty uniform. We still need to adjust a little more on the anti-roll as the driver's side was up a little higher with the bite.

Bill Mitchell

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Charlie,

My Crew Chief Bill explained it perfectly. I''m not really sure if the car would have wheelied like it did at Windy Hollow with the C4 but I was sure gonna find out!

Mike,

I can't believe you didn''t get picked for the 16! You were running the same ET''s as the finalists :roll:

David,

That would REALLY suck! If I had been 2 tenths slower, I would have been sharing that roller coaster ride with you. Many I'll bet your stomach was in KNOTS!! We will all have to make the next show when it's near us. I'll see what I can find out.

p.s. I'm still uploading pictures and videos; Big D, you need to post your pictures :wink:

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466/Pinks ALL OUT Gateway 2008/

Rodney fell asleep in the chair. Tracy started snapping pictures but he woke up before we really got him good :lol: :lol:

Part of the pit area

Dan getting setup for his interview

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts