460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as many kow I busted the spiders in the front end, so I finally welded them, put all new bearings on, new front rotors, new calipers, and brake pads, the GF thinks it is for saftey but realy so I can bring it up farther on the brakes

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About right but I guse they got to be better than the old ones I had, I only have front brakes, and one calliper was locked open, and the had no paddes

·
Registered
690 Posts
just giving you hell. Part of the game I guess.

We should put our motors in a car so we dont have to deal with the washing, changing muddy tires and fixing busted parts 20 times a season.

those 1/4 mile guys dont know how good theyve got it :D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For real, My buddy just ran his at a local Fire Department sponsered event, he is Normally a 200' mud pit 4sec truck, and he baried it, and has been washing it for 2 weeks now and finally got it about clean, I am kinda glad mine was sitting at home on Jack stands, but It is hitting it for the first time in 5 weeks this saturday hopefully, with fultime 4x4:D

·
Registered
690 Posts
My truck is sitting also. :mad:

I had back surgery about a month ago and I cant do stupid junk like mud race for 6 months. When I go to VA in October it will be the first time my truck has run in a pit since May.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
77 mud how do you clean the under side do you use a water sprinkler that how we used to clean the bottom after we went and played in the mud at the river we used the one with the fan pattern that goes back and forth let it set for hour and you would have hunks of mud every where let it go from front to rear then turn it for it will go from side to side

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
77 mud how do you clean the under side do you use a water sprinkler that how we used to clean the bottom after we went and played in the mud at the river we used the one with the fan pattern that goes back and forth let it set for hour and you would have hunks of mud every where let it go from front to rear then turn it for it will go from side to side

That sounds like a fine idea. :cool:

·
Registered
690 Posts
about an hour with the pressure washer does the trick. :D

The mud I run in is too thick to get off with a sprinkler. A solution of baby oil and water works good to keep the mud from sticking but I usually think about it half way through my first pass.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
try the sprinkler trick you will be suprized what it get off we have the old gray clay here with the mix of mud the sprinkler wets it and the mud soaks the water up until it is to heavy to hold on i didnt think it would work until we tried it it was a new ford with less than 200 miles on it he came by the house and ask if i want to go to the river he wanted to try it out in the mud you could not tell the color of it when left after about 2 hours in the mud

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
try the sprinkler trick you will be suprized what it get off we have the old gray clay here with the mix of mud the sprinkler wets it and the mud soaks the water up until it is to heavy to hold on i didnt think it would work until we tried it it was a new ford with less than 200 miles on it he came by the house and ask if i want to go to the river he wanted to try it out in the mud you could not tell the color of it when left after about 2 hours in the mud
As Kris stated it dont work for that thick Gunky crap

Some times it takes mor than an hour

·
Registered
165 Posts
i give it 2 days to dry out then jump it over the 60' table top we have up on the hill...... last time i was "shakin some mud off" i bent the front end up (AGAIN) my kids are pissed:p. couple more weeks should get it together.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
it doesnt work for me.

Yes it will work, I have been doing the mud thing for fifteen years, I spray the under side with a mixture of used engine oil and diesel before the races, then as soon as I get home I run the sprinkler for at least one hour, the next day it is easy to pressure spray the rest off. The mud I have ran in at my home track is sticky clay. The oil/diesel mix not only helps the crap from sticking so bad it even helps cut down on rust. The track did complain about the grass I was killing, so I would spray it on the trailer.:D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes it will work, I have been doing the mud thing for fifteen years, I spray the under side with a mixture of used engine oil and diesel before the races, then as soon as I get home I run the sprinkler for at least one hour, the next day it is easy to pressure spray the rest off. The mud I have ran in at my home track is sticky clay. The oil/diesel mix not only helps the crap from sticking so bad it even helps cut down on rust. The track did complain about the grass I was killing, so I would spray it on the trailer.:D
There a guy around here that does it and it makes your truck look shiny to

1 - 18 of 18 Posts