460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for for those smarter than I,what exactly was this "substance" NASCAR found in Waltrips fuel?
I read that it's an oxygenator, and that it's an ingredient in "jet fuel", seems
like it was throughout the fuel system.
:?:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Read something yesterday that indicated it might be Sterno or something like it. If so - sounds like a stupid desperate move to me. They tech the crap out of cars at Daytona, that would be the last place you'd want to try and slip something by. But - several teams seem to think they need to. Adn then NASCAR seems to get on some kind of edge about the whole thing too. Duct tape, for crying out loud.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16699950.htm

·
Registered
331 Posts
the claim in the story i read was the "unknown substance" was an octane booster which makes this scandal even dumber. Toyota looks bad on their debut, they will dump Waltrip, who by the way made a statement that it was done by a member of their team without permission by anyone. imagine that! a phantom cheater. i call BS.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It could be they cleaned out one of the fuel cans with some kerosene and didn't get it all out before the fuel got pumped in.......

I'd say if NASCRAP wouldn't keep playing "Big Brother", the racing would be even closer and BETTER then this crap they do now.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Name a professional racing series that has slower cars than NASCAR - I mean intrinsically slower, i.e. lower power/weight, skinnier tires, higher CG, antique design, etc., not just a series that runs on slower tracks.

Having done that, name a pro. series outside the U.S. that has slower cars than NASCAR.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
8liter said:
With the amount of $$$ involved with nascrap nothing happens by accident, even the crashes.
Yeah, listen to Punk Tony Stewart cry about how somebody is going to get hurt with bump drafting, before the race, then see him take out Mat Kenseth on purpose, during the race. But it was an accident. :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts