460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Nascar Ford Engine this weekend at Talladega have not heard of any test time with it has anybody else Yates says without plates it put out around 900hp and with restrictor about 450 anybody else heard anything

·
Registered
225 Posts
One thing I heard is that the "FR9" does not retain any of the original production 351 dimensions as the current model.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just remember,any more,Talladega is the worst place to gauge any kind of performance.It's also gettin to be one of the most boring races.I think it was jackass oops I mean junior,on the the radio during the race,asking if someone would talk to him to keep him awake!It is really a shame what they have done to "stock car" racing.Go back to the 60's early 70's before the rules were changed in GM's favor,chevy's were just a footnote.FORD and mopar ruled.Something has to be said about the fact that Fords nascar motors have been based on an actual production engine,and stayed competitive,against purpose built race engines!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I just listened to bits/pieces of the race today but,sounded like the new motor in Kenseths car was doing good for the first outing. Did'nt hear the end of it,shut off radio after the wreck w/5 to go. Had a garage to tidy up:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Jamie McMurray won with a Ford Fusion and led quite a few laps at the end.That wreck that Ryan Newman had looked pretty nasty had to cut the roof off to get him out.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just remember,any more,Talladega is the worst place to gauge any kind of performance.It's also gettin to be one of the most boring races.I think it was jackass oops I mean junior,on the the radio during the race,asking if someone would talk to him to keep him awake!It is really a shame what they have done to "stock car" racing.Go back to the 60's early 70's before the rules were changed in GM's favor,chevy's were just a footnote.FORD and mopar ruled.Something has to be said about the fact that Fords nascar motors have been based on an actual production engine,and stayed competitive,against purpose built race engines!
Think it was another a$$wipe, Tony Stewart that said that

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also think it says something about Ford engines that they were still running production based engines. Chevy has had at least three since 1998. Now they all are running Cleveland copies with larger bore spacing..........
Wade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts